What do I have here and realistically what are they worth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Graff

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I know nothing about scuba but I recently came into possession of a pair of what I believe are regulators. Are they worth anything? Is it safe to sell such items? I put them up locally on Craigslist in San Jose and have more pictures there. I'd also potentially be willing to ship although they are quite heavy. I figured I'd join a forum to see what actual enthusiasts think about this.

Scuba Sherwood Octopus Regulator Gauge Compass - sporting goods - by...

Thanks,
Graff

00303_cPig0kTHBqW_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

If I was going to sell them I'd try ebay. If you want a quick sale for cheap send me an offer.

If I was going to sell them I'd try ebay. If you want a quick sale for cheap send me an offer.

I do sell on ebay but my fees are around 15% (10% sales price, 2.9% paypal, 2-5% promotional fees) and I have to pay that same rate for the portion of the sale that goes to shipping; i.e. shipping also costs 15% more. Buyer also pays sales tax which can increase the price by another 0-10% depending on where they lives. What do you think they are worth? $150 each?

The consoles are close to worthless and there's very little demand for older, low to midgrade regs like these.

The problem is servicing costs. Anyone with the skills to self-service regs is not going to be interested in these and anyone who has to pay shop rates is going to end up getting close to new reg prices if they are careful shoppers.

You could try asking $100 a set but be prepared to accept less. BTW, to get that you need to take pictures of the fronts of the second stages (the parts with the mouthpieces) and any names or model numbers on the first stages (the metal pretty where all the hoses attach).

i think you would be lucky to get 150 for both. they are older and not particularly desirable regulators.

Thank you! Do you know what they are called? I take it forum members probably wouldn't be interested in them.

The consoles are close to worthless and there's very little demand for older, low to midgrade regs like these.

The problem is servicing costs. Anyone with the skills to self-service regs is not going to be interested in these and anyone who has to pay shop rates is going to end up getting close to new reg prices if they are careful shoppers.

You could try asking $100 a set but be prepared to accept less. BTW, to get that you need to take pictures of the fronts of the second stages (the parts with the mouthpieces) and any names or model numbers on the first stages (the metal pretty where all the hoses attach).

Thank you! The servicing issue is what I worried would make them worthless... no one is going to go underwater with unchecked gear. I took another set of pictures and put the rest of them up on a different craigslist posting. Would you mind telling me if I got all the important bits? Do you know what these are called/model number? I think my next step is come up with a title and put on eBay.

Scuba Sherwood Octopus Regulator Gauge Compass - sporting goods - by...

01111_ehkIN30sRrX_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Oceanic Delta Scuba regulators with Sherwood octopus and Nitrox computer EXCELLENT condition

Included in the sale is the proven reliable Oceanic Data Plus Nitrox capable computer
in a triple console with air gauge and compass

These regulators are in excellent condition Please check my photos

$899.00 when new, ready to go diving

Reluctant sale not being used enough $225.00

https://www.oceanicworldwide.com/us/media/wysiwyg/manuals/12-1968-r03.pdf

Thank you! Do you know what they are called? I take it forum members probably wouldn't be interested in them
I'd go with happy-diver's description.

The larger second stages are an older version of the Oceanic Delta. I would imagine the first stages are as well, but I don't know much about this line or the octos (smaller second stages with yellow plastic).

You can certainly try posting them in the classified subforum here. Maybe you'll find someone who can self-service them and wants a loaner set or something.

if someone was self servicing, the scubapro regs from the same time period are much more desirable and better performing. and can be found for a reasonable price with patience.

Thank you all for the help! I put them up on eBay just now. I'll let you know what they go for. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom