What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ImageGen.aspx

You can find more info here: ScubaPro's Jet Fins

Kewl thanks for that..... I know someone who uses them.... maybe get them to let me try them....

On my very last dive, I learned how to bring an unconscious diver to the surface.

On my very last dive, I learned how to bring an unconscious diver to the surface.

OMG! hope it was for practice and not for real!

On my very last dive I learned that my old and tattered 7mm "shortie" will not be enough to get me through a winter of diving (unless I spend it in the tropics). Today I'm going to pull out a "brand new" 3mm full wetsuit that's been sitting in my dive locker for 6-7 years. And, Pete, I'm going to have to patch up that dry suit soon!

I learned how to dive in a drysuit! I learned that it is possible to be warm at 80+ feet in 56F water :D

I learned that all the time and effort I've put into working on buoyancy in my wetsuit paid off and made the drysuit much more manageable. And I also learned that it takes a lot more effort to propel yourself in a drysuit, but it's totally worth it!

I did a lobster dive the other night...
In a group of six, I happened to be the first to 500. No big deal, some of the others were cold anyway. We regrouped and started our surface swim to shore. One subteam (two guys) decided to drop and swim in underwater. Well, ok. The remaining four of us get to shore, and are watching the other two as they surface again. They look like they are about where we were when we were able to touch bottom.

Suddenly we hear shouting.Three of us proceed back into the water. The yelling diver was suffering extreme cramps. I put his fin on my shoulder and grabbed his knee and kept upward pressureon his leg, while the other two divers towed him towards shore. As we were heading shoreward, we heard sirens and saw lights. As soon a we could stand, he did. This relieved the cramp tremendously. I asked him if he wanted to signal OK to shore, or if he wanted a lifeguard to come out. We signaled OK.

I proceeded in to the beach as the other two walked him in. The rescue squad asked if anyone was missing. I told him that we were all here and that the distressed diver was having cramps.

And we all lived happily ever after.

#1 The dive is not over until EVERYONE is out of the water.
#2 If you go back in to assist, take ALL of your gear. I thought that the diver was in chest deep water, and left my fins on shore.
#3 Having one guy on shore to talk to rescuers was a good thing. He was able to give some info.
#4 Eat bananas, or other sources of electrolyte, and drink plenty of water, especially if you have been working all day.

I did a lobster dive the other night...
In a group of six, I happened to be the first to 500.
Crickey! That's a lot of lobsters!

I proceeded in to the beach as the other two walked him in. The rescue squad asked if anyone was missing. I told him that we were all here and that the distressed diver was having cramps.
So who called for the rescue squad??

What I learned on my last dive is just how hard it is to keep track of 17 students on a night dive in New England.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom