What did you learn from your very last dive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to count on the hurricanes missing Grand Bahama in Sept. there were 3 freaking hurricanes lined up behind the one screwing my dive trip. I got one dive in the canal. Grrrrr.

I learnt that I panic when on the surface too long. Once in the water I need to get under it fairly quickly rather than hanging around. I hope as a new diver this is not going to be an on going problem.

:blinking:It gets better if you want it to bad enough!:D

While I wouldn't say I paniced at the surface in the beginning I had to get my head underwater and breathe a few times before I could settle. I would dread that part driving to the site and gearing up. Now I don't even think about it at all.

:blinking:please be careful tho.... being on the edge of panic is not a safe state of mind for a diver! The most important thing I had to do was figure out why I felt that way, evaluate whether I would actually panic and if I should be diving at all.:shakehead:

What I learned last dive. You can have a great dive with new buddies in less than ideal conditions when everyone follows safe buddy procedures.

I learned that a tank of air lasts a suprisingly long time in very still, relatively shallow water

1. Silicone grease works great for sealing your mask to a mustache.

2. Even with a full 7 mil over a shorty 7 mil, 43 degrees is cold after about 35 minutes.

3. Getting a glimpse of what is it like to have neutral buoyancy and proper trim is thrilling.

4. I have a very patient dive buddy.

5. I want a canister light.

I learned that my insta-buddy was an absolute idiot with a death wish. She failed to inflate her BC on the surface and got mad when I pulled her from under the boat as it was getting ready to crash down on her head. She got almost enraged when I inflated her bc and pushed her toward the ladder.

That my choice of hose lengths for sidemount sucked again :lotsalove:

I learned that skills you don't use atrophy.

I learned that caves which aren't dove frequently are VERY silty, and it can make it feel like a long way home.

From my last two dives:
I learned that even in tropical waters, a hood is a beautiful thing. Now that my head is nice and toasty, I've ditched using my full 3/2 for neoprene shorts and a rashguard with vest. The buoyancy characteristics are better, as I seldom need to fiddle around with my wing to stay neutral.
I learned that I can maintain trim a lot better in salt water than in the pool.
I learned that spit will not always be a good de-fogger.
I learned that spring straps rock.
I learned that bungeed wrist gauges are more secure than using the pre-existing straps.
I learned that a hot fill can melt o-rings on a tank (cant explain why my tank o-ring looked that way except that i just had my tank refilled)
I learned that it IS possible to dive a single tank without a STA and not have it wobble around.
I learned that I've got a loooong way to go...

i learned that i need a new buddy

Back
Top Bottom