What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll never use a SPG without a hose. They can have those AI computers. I can estimate how much time I have at the depth I'm diving with the air I have. I don't an algorithm to help me with that. A waste of money. Better to spend the money to buy a better regulator, IMO.
It would be pretty hard to use an SPG without a hose - how would you read it on your back-mounted tank unless you had an extensible neck?:wink:

Many of us love our AI computers. In fact, I have 2 and use 2 transmitters so no SPG for me. I also already have really good regulator.

AI might be a waste of money for you, but not at all for me - far easier to just glance the remaining gas amount on my wrists than a clipped-off SPG, especially on a night dive. I also like the “real time” SAC display during the dive and the capture of start and end pressure in the log.

It would be pretty hard to use an SPG without a hose - how would you read it on your back-mounted tank unless you had an extensible neck?:wink:

Many of us love our AI computers. In fact, I have 2 and use 2 transmitters so no SPG for me. I also already have really good regulator.

AI might be a waste of money for you, but not at all for me - far easier to just glance the remaining gas amount on my wrists than a clipped-off SPG, especially on a night dive. I also like the “real time” SAC display during the dive and the capture of start and end pressure in the log.

Hey, it works for you. I'm old school my 3 hole console (Console Information Center or CIC) is my data central, it carries my SPG, compass and PDC so at a glance I know how much air I have, what depth I'm at, how long I've been there, how long I have before NDL, what the temp is and what direction I'm going. It is on a rugged (7 years old now) retractor that is clipped to my harness. When I want information I just grab the CIC with my left hand, hold it in front of me as I swim along and read the data. The basic setup I bought in the 1980's, changes have been made thru the years, and that has worked for me for a very long time.
The original depth gauge was replaced by a PDC about 10 years ago. The retractor was added about 7 years ago maybe a little more not sure. It also has a slate on the reverse side and a very old capillary depth gauge strapped to the bottom, my 1st depth gauge ever.

Reactions: BRT
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom