What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

75 pages, I feel that if I do not post I am not really a member of scubaboard.

the stuff I bought on ebay sort of, used it for a bit at cheap price but then replaced it.

a medium pelican case, bought it, fit some of my electronic stuff in it, then went to Homedepo bought a tool box for 19.00 and got all the gear I carry on an airplane in it.

A tusa console, lasted about 12 dives before we noticed that the depth gauge was reading random depths, and the compass was impossible to use with more than a 15 degree accuracy.

My first engagement ring, but definitely not the second.

Trident reel

An old used Zeagle BCD. I thought I could use the tank straps, but found they were weirdly made. I bought a brand new strap from my LDS for 1/2 of what I paid for this junk. But I'm afraid to throw it away because it is a "zeagle". :)

drdaddy

Buying a Dacor Rig Pro BCD.

I love the back inflate, and will never go back but....

Even with religious care and washings the material that the BCD is made out of does not hold up. A couple of years ago the integrated weight pockets gave up.

Shortly after this the outer material that covers the air bladder started fraying and peeling into strands of fabric. All of this after approx 60 dives with it.

Dacor never again.

Buying a Dacor Rig Pro BCD.

I love the back inflate, and will never go back but....

Even with religious care and washings the material that the BCD is made out of does not hold up. A couple of years ago the integrated weight pockets gave up.

Shortly after this the outer material that covers the air bladder started fraying and peeling into strands of fabric. All of this after approx 60 dives with it.

Dacor never again.

Dacor was bought by Mares, so you're right; never again.

I have the Rig, which I think came out a year or two before the Rig Pro, and it has held up very well. The only problem I ever had with it was one of the pockets that you slide the weight pouches into started to rip after ten or so dives. I showed it to my LDS and he ordered a replacement that was here before the end of the week.

I had it for ten years and about 90 dives on it, but it had to be taken out of service following a car accident. If it haden't been covered with millions of glass fragments, I'd still be diving it today. Sorry to hear that yours didn't hold up as well as mine.

I agree. To many people buy new gear then find out diving's not for them or they don't like the gear the bought. RENT FIRST.

I regret buying an Atom 2.0 computer. Thank Neptune that everyone else thinks they are awesome and it sold no problem. Even more so, I regret buying an extra transmitter. I never used it and no one wants it because they are smarter than I and realize they don't need it. BTW the transmitter is for sale, $200.00.

The first wedding ring!!!
Oh you mean dive related, I bought some regs off ebay, of course I had them gone over by my LDS. They checked out fine, one needed a new seal. LDS said I had gotten a good deal, even with his labor to check them out. I dont like buying used tho,, wish I hadnt, now I'm not completely comfortable with these setups. I dont trust them for a deep dive,, to 60 feet or more I mean. I have had absolutely no problems with these at all,, just that they are used.

Well, you have to figure that even a regulator you buy new is a used regulator after you've dived it a few times . . . My doubles regs were bought used, and I cave dive with them. The only thing is to have them serviced by a capable technician.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom