What did you buy that you regret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without a doubt, a Spare Air. I could never get the thing to fill correctly. What a waste. That was back in the 90's so I think it was a first generation. I ended up taking it to a salvage shop on Oahu and trading it for a new Dacor Integra mask and Integra snorkel. Best deal I ever made.

I think the Spare Air. It sounded good to me at the time, but I never thought I would get involved with Instructing. I did however purchase a larger brand which would have done the trick in an emergency. I later bought a Pony bottle and another Regulator for it.

Big dive torches are also not that useful(they scare everything away) unless you are going to get into deeper wreck penetration and then you might be a step away from techie stuff. Sold mine.

Trans Pac II BCD.

Was just not my flavor of BCD, I was looking for a back inflation so I went with the Trans Pac. But I didn't like the soft backplate and the way it all kind of came apart if not strapped to a bottle.

What I bought to replace it was a Halcyon Eclipse BCD.

Most people would consider it a tec rig, but It is very user friendly and very comfortable. Finding a BCD is a personal preference and I know the Trans Pac is a good BCD just not for me.

This was a complete waste of $$:

miniquest.jpg

This was a complete waste of $$:

miniquest.jpg

Lol, if that's the only thing you regret buying, you have made some pretty damn good purchasing decisions!

Split fins. What a joke.

Crappy torch. Should've just spend the extra $50 and got something that I can use as a backup when I get a can HID.

A "dedicated" octopus. Nothing wrong with it, but should've just bought a "proper" second stage to use as a backup.

Would have to be the Sub Duck alert which attaches to your inflator hose - another possible fail point. Bought it and returned it a week later unused after many people advised me that I would just annoy other divers, as some people do that have them and set them off every time they want to point a fish out to their buddies. I bought the aluminum rattle instead for $18 and it's jsut as good, if not better, and no fail point.

A hood. It was tricky to get on and off and never used it in the water. My dive shop let me exchange it for a beanie, which I use all the time. Keeps me warm AND keeps my hair all in one place.

Back
Top Bottom