What Color Tank Should I Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank is supposed to arrive today. I assume the valve isnt installed? My local shop wants to do a visual on the tank before they fill it? Is that normal? I think it costs like $10 but the tank should be brand newish. Anyway, I was going to have them install the valve and the insert for the yolk set up.
If you buy a tank off of the internet, it is a good idea for you to take the valve off yourself if it is already on and look at the tank. We recently received one from the distributer that had a gouge in the neck. While it would not necessarily have failed a visual inspection, it was something that should not be. If I discovered that on a tank, I would make sure that the owner knew about it. If I bought it for my use, I would have returned it. The distributer discounted it and we will pass that on after identifying the tank as a blem.

I have never found someones stash while inspecting a tank. However, I did notice something unusual in the bottom. Apparently the owner stored the tank with the valve off in his garage. The tank was infested with something. He identified the foreign objects as weevils from a picture that I sent to him.

Also, I though I would mention that it is more difficult to keep inspection stickers on shot blasted tanks. If the surface is not smooth like brushed no coat or paint, the sticker cannot adhere as well. It may be necessary to take some precautions that would not otherwise be necessary to insure that the sticker stays on.

I'm late to this chat. I know many will say never paint the tank, never put a sticker on it. LDS's will not visual/hydro it. Which I guess if you paint it to hide damage - don't. If you know your LDS and especially with an aluminum tank - get the color or paint to your personality. Most of my tanks are plain galvanized but some were painted because I wanted to. I also vis my own tanks and know the hydro guy. I'm at work so can't upload images (so no pic of the evil minion tank which is the better of the two) but here's a link to the normal minion tank.
Enjoy your gear.

Shes pretty sexy I must say.

IMG_1317.jpeg

Shes pretty sexy I must say.

View attachment 854076

Yes, very much so. Is it 4WD?

I mean she doesnt really have any wheels. Shes just a brushed cylinder of aluminum.

Edit. Oh you mean the car? Yeah shes AWD tuned to 500hp and mid 500 ft/lbs torque

Oh my my.

I mean she doesnt really have any wheels. Shes just a brushed cylinder of aluminum.

Edit. Oh you mean the car? Yeah shes AWD tuned to 500hp and mid 500 ft/lbs torque

The heck with the Tank, I meant the car. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Back
Top Bottom