What Color Tank Should I Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Despite being your typical ‘serious’ tech diver, I honestly love the look of brand new exotically colored aluminum tanks. Candy apple red, metallic purple, electric blue… Whatever. Love it. Never mind the fact that I no longer dive single tanks or aluminum as my main tanks. They’re just gorgeous.

For about one season of diving if you’re a serious diver. Then they’re all scuffed and beat up, probably chipped and otherwise used-looking.

At that point, I would much rather have brushed or bead blasted ‘natural’ aluminum.

Besides, when you look in caves, particularly in tight areas towards the beginning of the cave, you’ll notice little splotches of color where people have smashed their “pretty“ painted aluminum stage bottles into the wall.

So I guess what I’m saying is, while I very much understand the appeal of beautiful tanks, natural aluminum is much more reliable and going to make less impact on the surroundings.

Of course, minivans are much more reliable and are probably most useful for the vast majority of people, but there’s still a lot of people buying massively impractical trucks or sports cars. In the end, it’s your money, do what will make you happy.

i vote for hunter orange

Used to have a customer who worked in Disney's scenery shop. Coolest custom paint jobs ever ... photorealistic watermelon, corn on the cob, hot dog, peanut etc. etc.

Of course, minivans are much more reliable and are probably most useful for the vast majority of people, but there’s still a lot of people buying massively impractical trucks or sports cars. In the end, it’s your money, do what will make you happy.
I have a minivan. And a pair of yellow tanks. They match my fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom