Am I a Nerd for Practicing Diving in a Pool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel better now. My non diving buddies have already piled on the laughter wondering why im diving in a small in ground pool. I figured there may be some hate here too. But it has been beneficial so far. When my knee heels(well if) I want to do this upside down buoyancy stuff.

I had heard another member mention that. I was actively looking into it but tweaked my knee on a ladder. I cant even kneel down. Im going to have to see how this thing heals before making any big plans to do GUE. But I still want to in the future nonetheless.
Ouch - that’s rough. Hopefully it heals quickly. If you bounce back, Feel free to DM me if want more info on Fundies

Don't listen to your non-diving buddies. Practicing your skills regularly is just being a responsible diver. This hobby involves real skills and equipment, so there's nothing wrong with working on your technique close to home. Wishing you a speedy recovery - keep at it in the pool if it helps you feel more comfortable.

I think learning new skills or staying up-to-date is great if there is no other alternative in the short term. It's also a good idea to test out new equipment.

Nothing wrong with a pool as long as you thoroughly rinse away the chlorine from your gear. Personally I would prefer a benign shore site to practice skills-- much more interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom