What BP/W set up are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't recommend this setup for AL80 doubles. Which is a common beginner setup or ocean setup. But it does cover a lot of ground.

Awfully "blue" though... :wink:

- P

Halcyon AL plate and Halcyon SS plate.

Halcyon Evolve 60 wing for doubles diving.

Oxycheq Mach V for singles diving.

Halcyon STA with 6lb weight.

Halcyon ACB 6lb weight pockets.

With all this stuff there's pretty much not a configuration I can't put together.

I wouldn't recommend this setup for AL80 doubles. Which is a common beginner setup or ocean setup. But it does cover a lot of ground.

- P

I do also have a DR Rec Wing that I left off the list which I could use for double AL80s (replaced it with the Evolve 60 when I doubled my steel 119s).

Awfully "blue" though... :wink:

I DM at a shop which is a top H dealer - all the free Kool Aid you can drink!

:crafty:

DSS all the way. I have both the Kydex and SS plates, each with a hog harness, and a Torus 26 wing. Love it!

I have an Oxycheq SS plate and Vertex 55# wing. It's the only doubles wing that I've used so I can't compare it to anything else. However, I've heard good things about Halcyon, DSS, Salvo/Agir, and Diverite also. There's a lot of good choices out there. Good luck with your decision.

Dive Rite Black Aluminum Plate
Basic Hog Harness
Oxycheq Mach V Wing
Hollis STA

Why did I choose what I did? I like all my gear to be black, so the plate is black, the wing is black, the harness is black. Looking at doubles wings now, and so far I like Halcyon, Oxycheq, and DSS.

Last edited:
Hammerhead stainless
Diverite STA
11' of 2" webbing and a couple stainless d-rings and stainless buckle
Oxycheq 30# Mach V for here in Colorado and looking to get a smaller wing for travel. Prolly the 18# Oxycheq or one of Tobins wings.

Oxycheq system: steel plate, Mach V Extreme wing (40# single), hog harness that I un-hogged by adding some quick releases; Oxycheq STA (I use 8" tanks...going sta-less works better with 7.25 tanks on this setup). I have been using a rubber weight belt along with some weights in XS-Scuba pockets on a tank strap, and I also just got the DUI Weight and Trim system to try out instead of the weight belt.

I also just acquired a DUI Delta to use when working with classes.

Thanks everyone. I have a number of names to google now and have a pretty good understanding of what a basic configuration is. I don't think I need anymore names at this point. If there is a company/brand that hasn't been mentioned and you want to throw it in that would be cool, I'm still monitoring this thread.

Now I just have to start looking at what the differences are between all these brands, why I will like one versus the other and what kind of money I'm going to need to save.

Just based on GUE, DIR and manufacturer's web sites I realized a lot more about this configuration (vs. back inflate and jacket BCDs).

Learning, learning, learning, yeehaw!

I just bought an OMS SS backplate with an Oxycheq 30lb Mach V wing and STA... we'll see how that goes for me!

Its tough to beat the quality & great warranty of Deepoutdoors! I dive their SS plate with Freedom Harness and 55lb Orange Crush wing for doubles, Element 34lb wing and STA for singles.

Back
Top Bottom