What BP/W set up are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi 888
I just bought a edge/hog wing which I use with a dive rite bp.
I'm trying to buy a freedom plate but they are hard to find. I believe one should
mix and match after doing the research . The setup I have is for singles and suites
my needs. When I Buy w/bp for doubles, I'm going with tobin, I'm convinced DSS is about
the best all around product on the market. Also service and advice from tobin seems
to be tops. I bought the hog/edge wing simply because it was cheap,had a good review
from netdoc and I needed a wing now. So far it's great.

For singles, I use DSS LCD30 & their SS BP, it works & performs perfect, high quality, I can only wholeheartedly recommend Tobin & his products.

For doubles, I got an extremely good offer so I went with Apeks WTX4 (45lbs) wing, also high quality, but DSS feels, looks (and is) more rugged on the outer shell part. I did plan to get a DSS Torus 49, but this will be on hold until further notice...

I have no doubts that with proper care & maintenance, both will serve me well many dives to come. :D

Just got a new Dive Rite Transplate harness, DR SS plate, DR STA, and Oxycheq Mach V - Extreme Series with 30Lbs of lift. This is my first BP/W style set up and I love it. I feel so much freer in the water. The best part of the setup is the Oxy wing. Its very stream lined and I definitely don’t get the "taco" effect that other wings will give you when diving a single tank.

Dive-rite stransplate, sst plate, rec wing, and single tank adapter. The shoulder padding makes a big difference comapred to just the 2" webbing.

Back
Top Bottom