What are your dive plans for 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Continue to update my gear. Take a couple of tech classes; maybe start on cave cert. Perhaps by a new boat. Got my eye on a used shamrock.:cool2:

In the winter and spring some random dives in somewhere and rescue course, havent decided yet where to go.
In august heading to Koh Tao for 2.5 months and most likely doing DM (cheap way to dive a lot). After that Various sites in Thailand. Trying do 200-300 dives during next year.

Sounds fantastic! Don't rule out Indo & the Philippines while you're in the neighborhood :wink:!

I plan to focus on cold water diving and will start 2010 with a bang! Diving for a month (hopefully almost every day) in and around Monterey, California with a few trips down to Wreck Alley in San Diego and Catalina Island.

The upcomming GUE Fundies class in February is incredibly exciting! It will be an ambitious training goal if I can pass Fundies levels in 2010 and possibly do a retake of rescue in relation to cold water, drysuits and our environment.

After that it's weekend Monterey diving and a few trips down to So Cali for Anacapa/Catalina.

It appears I will have a 2-3 month stay in the Philippines/Indonesia over the summer for scuba research & non-stop diving which will start late May and run through August ;-).

Then it's back to the west coast and local Monterey diving with a few more small trips to warm waters of So California/So Flordia or perhaps other locations such as the Pacific Northwest to meet SB friends :).

Not a bad plan ;-)!

I talked to my new instructor & my mentor today and it appears that I may be buying doubles sooner than later :wink:. Putting the next month of diving to good use!

Time to get shopping - ah let's see - a new reg, doubles, a new wing - Yikes! I don't even want to know the total price :D!

.....How much money will you spend on Scuba in 2010? .......

More than my wife will approve of!:eyebrow:

I hope to get about 100 dives in this coming year (both fun & courses), most of them will be local but we plan on going to some warm island sometime next year (I got lucky this year DR in October & heading to Jamaica in just over 48hrs). Between Prescott, Brockville & Morrisburg I have a great selection of weekday & weekend charters all less than a 2 hr drive from home - lots of great wrecks in the St. Lawrence.

As far as gear goes my only real plans are upgrading my drysuit (I'm still on the fence between a Fusion and an Abyss model) and maybe a second HP100 cylinder.

My PADI Rescue course starts in January and, if we have an instructor in Ottawa next year, I'd like to do the Fundies. My big focus next year (other than having fun) is to really work on my skills.

Here's to lots of great diving in 2010!:cheers:

Sounds fantastic! Don't rule out Indo & the Philippines while you're in the neighborhood :wink:!

Yeah, most likely Phils gonna be on my list during somepoint of year, Need to do anoying Visa runs anyways, so why not take advantage from those :cool2:

What are you going to spend your money on? Travel? Gear? Dive boats? Trying something new? Taking dive courses? Going somewhere different? Have a list of things you want to accomplish? How many dives will you do in 2010? Where will you dive? How much money will you spend on Scuba in 2010? I am not in the scuba business. I just think it would be interesting to hear what people are planning.

I am going to spend my money on more dive courses. . Want
to get my nitrox early next year and my rescue befoer or the
latest march. . And then push my luck maybe and go for dm
Before 2010 are over. . Then i am strong on my way to become
a instrucror. .

And then i need the minor dive gear. . And the rest of it on my dive's. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burnout:

In 2010, I plan on diving as much as my wife will let me(I love you, honey!) :DMy goal is to do 100 dives in the new year.

I hope to take my advanced open water and rescue courses this year.

Most of my diving will be locally with a few trips to the Florida Springs and hopefully the keys.

I would love to have a drysuit before the end of summer to kick off diving in the fall and winter of 2010/11

Sent from my iPhone

more
:wink:

It's wonderful to see all the posts about getting more training :thumbs-up:
I talked to my new instructor & my mentor today and it appears that I may be buying doubles sooner than later :wink:. Putting the next month of diving to good use!

Time to get shopping - ah let's see - a new reg, doubles, a new wing - Yikes! I don't even want to know the total price :D!
Oh, it's you again

:wink: :kiss2:

9 day trip to Florida next month. We're going to dive the Oriskiny, take caven/intro to cave classes in N Fl, then head to the Keys for 4 days of diving on the Vandenberg taking an Advanced Wreck and Deco Procedures class while diving this wreck.

Plans are really up in the air now with my wife's medical issues. Will not be doing the New Years Day dive so first dives will be in Jan in Puerto Rico. Have an OW student who will be there on business so I'm flying down to do his checkout dives. Then Ice Diving classes end of Jan and mid Feb. Followed by ? Will likely do a lot of local stuff until we can work out what kind of travel arrangements we'll need to make for my wife. We were planning a Bahamas cruise in May but that may change to a road trip to Ocean City and maybe a couple dives with OC Diver if she can get on the boat. I'm hoping to get some wrecks in Erie and if enough students set up a trip to SC or Florida. Lots of plans but with my wife's health issues all of them are subject to change at any time.

Back
Top Bottom