What are your dive plans for 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't want to think about the $$$! Doesn't matter as long as you're having fun :)

In february I'm going to Key Largo for 10 days to do GUE tech 1 and hopefully some tech 1 dives post class on some of the wrecks in the area. In september I'm hoping to do a 14 day road trip to the SE and dive some of the wrecks off the Carolinas and finally end up in Florida. December/January of next year will hopefully lead me to GUE Cave 1 in Florida. I have quite a few 8 day vacations throughout this coming summer so I'm hoping to do a bunch of great lakes Tech 1 dives and possibly make it up to the St. Lawrence. I'm also looking to pick up a new 27" iMac and underwater video setup in spring to document some of the dives. Hopefully I'll do close to 150 dives in 2010 which would be 50 more than I did this year.

Edit:

I forgot to add I'm also really looking to take a wreck penetration course sometime in spring/early summer. Hopefully GUE will come out with there wreck course by then but I'm not holding my breath. I might check out UTD's penetration courses.

Last edited:
First off is finish DM ASAP (started in Oct.). Then, try to sell/swap my steel 120 for a smaller steel tank (120 way to heavy to drag around at my age!). We may do a week or 2 in Spring at S. Padre I., TX and hopefully some dives/shell collecting there. Hope to get the usual 40 or so dives in and DM 3-4 classes here in NS.

My new year will begin diving in Key Largo. My oldest son (21) will complete his AOW, my younger son (18) will get his nitrox cert. (he already has his AOW). I plan on a few dive drips to the San Diego area when am in the area on business. I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary in Australia. I will take a few days to dive the reef (my wife has no interest in diving...:depressed:).

I will also try to fit in some time to get rescue diver cert.

Happy Diving.......

Two months from today, we should be diving at Beqa Lagoon Resort, and we're planning at least one or two trips back down to the San Carlos area again. If possible, I want to try again for a San Diego area kelp dive.

Beyond that remains to be seen.

GUE Tech 1 is the first technical diving class in the curriculum of Global Underwater Explorers. It's a cert for dives in the 150 foot range, utilizing one gas for accelerated decompression.

In the winter and spring some random dives in somewhere and rescue course, havent decided yet where to go.
In august heading to Koh Tao for 2.5 months and most likely doing DM (cheap way to dive a lot). After that Various sites in Thailand. Trying do 200-300 dives during next year.

I plan to return to the Keys in Feb for a week of diving, then have a week in April at Scuba Club Cozumel with my two sons.

Local diving will be at Dutch Springs, PA (hope it warms up early).

My sons and I plan to pursue AOW certs in the next year.

My wife is into dog shows and I plan to sample local diving wherever we take the Motorhome for her hobby.

Money will be spent on travel. We just purchased new equipment this year, although I would not mind a couple of steel 120's.

Well - On January 1st I'll do a New Years Day dive!!!
Hopefully the quarry won't be iced over yet, because even though they try to break the "thin" ice up for the New Years day divers it's still a pain.

In February I plan on completing the open water portion of the Ice Diver certificate.

In April I hope to be someplace in the Islands for a week with the family (live aboard sailboat).

In May I hope to be working on a Solo Diver cert.

In July Rescue Diver is on my agenda (hopefully with my daughter).

In August I want to dive a few wrecks off of the coast of NC (U-352?) or something down by Topsail.

In September - who knows????!!!! :wink:

Cozumel to start it off (Jan 1), maybe Cave training, and maybe a freshwater lake trip or something...

Back
Top Bottom