What are you most embarrassed about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scootering by a group of kick divers I do a barrel roll thinking I am going to look really really cool, and roll right into a thick strand of kelp to stick in it like a fly on a web.

I could just hear their comments in my mind, "Real smooth dork!"

Actually, I remembered a moment of very intense embarrassment, after I wrote my earlier post.

I came back from my first cavern dive in Mexico with a piece of rock stuck between me and my backplate. I was intensely humiliated to see it, because it meant I had damaged the cave. I knew I had hit things once or twice, because I didn't yet know exactly how big my "underwater body" was. But to see tangible evidence of the damage I had done was really painful.

years ago hubby was in nuie and they were diving thru caves and surfaced at some point inside the cave

one of the other dives decided to start climbing around for a look and broke a stalalite (sp??) and hubby picked up the chuck and said to the guy 10,000 years this has been growing here and it took you all of 5 seconds to break it :wink:

Came back to docks from charter. Handed car key from dive bag to buddy who headed to the car first. Caught up with buddy 50ft later, and asked the key back because buddy was chatting up someone. The key was gone – only to be found - 3 months later under the dock… when water levels went down. (Still feel bad for the guy who crowbar'ed the deck trying to help us find it).

It would not have been so embarrassing if there were a spare key. I mean any closer than at the counter at home which happened to be across the border, 4 hour drive, one way. It would have, again, been way less of an issue if it was not Sunday, and even one car rental place was open in that town.

After 3 hrs of waiting for AAA to open the car door (not much use, they didn’t even tow us to the hotel) I tripped on my gear bag, tore a huge skin flap off my knee, so I went to bed with 2lbs gravel tattoo. Took an extra day off work to drive back home and back and back again but snuck in a quick dive before – only to flood a camera during that dive!!!

Now, how embarrassing weekend was that!!! I swore I’ll have 4 extra keys every time I go diving from now on… Even the guys at customs felt sorry for us – and that’s a lot to say about US border control!

(And no, it was not one of the cars you can hotwire… there were a lot of friendly offers&#8230:wink:

Ok gang, some people need to realize there is a difference between embarassing, *****ty weekend, and OOPS. I wanna see some stories that make people blush like someone got out of the water with the butt ripped out of their wetsuit but no one told them til they been walking around like that for a couple hours, etc..

About a month ago I was diving at my local quarry. I exited the water at one of the divers docks, and proceeded to walk over to one of the picnic tables to get out of my gear. I was wearing a one piece 5 mil with just my lucky Nike gym shorts underneath it. I got out of the BP/W, watch, bottom timer, compass, and booties all off. I unzipped the 5 mil, got the top half down to my waist. stripped the bottom half down to my ankles, and much to my suprise....my lucky gym shorts came right off wiith the bottom half of my 5 mil. And yes...when this happened EVERYBODY at this dive site happened to be looking my way.
Actually it wasn't too bad, after I got my shorts back on two women came over and stuffed a couple of dollar bills into my waistband.:D

Wow, and that was after a cold water dive....:wink:

My first dive w/o an instructor. I do all of my checks, I'm feeling pretty confident, I begin my descent. My confidence lasted about 5 seconds, as I begin emptying my lungs now I need that small breath. I start gasping and thinking this is a lot harder and maybe I need more insructor time. I then see my regulator hanging in the water. Oh yeah, forgot the reg in mouth check. I guess I did need more instructor time.

Just got my willy out at the Blaney Stone in Menorca, Not intenionally. Pulled down my suit and down came the undies. Had my front to the van so didnt think it was a problem, it was when i put my shorts on and looked around that I noticed people starring at my lily white *** LOL.

Ive also done the giant stride with no air in BCD, Got to dive site with no fins. The best thing about these errors are that you dont make them again (or at least you shouldnt).

MBH:
Actually it wasn't too bad, after I got my shorts back on two women came over and stuffed a couple of dollar bills into my waistband.
04.gif

:mooner:

Wow, and that was after a cold water dive....:wink:

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom