What are you most embarrassed about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBH:
Actually it wasn't too bad, after I got my shorts back on two women came over and stuffed a couple of dollar bills into my waistband.
04.gif

:mooner:

Wow, and that was after a cold water dive....:wink:

:rofl3:

I backed my car down closer to the water to unload my gear. I put my dive bag on the ground behind the car, then proceeded to back over it :shakehead:. Two friends came running, yelling "stop, stop!" So, what did I do? I put the car in forward and ran over it again :dork2:. Fortunately, I only broke my mask case, but I cracked the heck out of an expensive set of fins.:whack:. Could have been worse, though - I barely missed running over my BC.

Just thought of another one. I don't get to dive very often, so I really have to concentrate on what I'm doing when setting up my gear. On a boat dive to the Hot Hole at Keowee earlier this year, I'm on the boat with about 10 people I've never met before. I start to hook up my tank and can't figure for the LIFE of me where to attach my rig to the tank. Something looked weird, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I had to call the DM over for assistance, and he promptly removed the rubber cap from the valve . . .:confused:. Duh! And, yes . . . the blonde hair is real :D

Ok now these are so much better, definately blushers!

Setting up for the first dive on a liveaboard, along with a dozen or so others. I had secured my BC to the tank the night before, so I hooked the reg up to the valve. Clean-and-jerked the rig to set it against the bench behind me, only to have it pull back ferociously and CLANG back against the wall and other tanks, taking me down with it, sprawled out onto the floor. Everyone turned around, a few ran to help get me up. The laughter didn't start until someone showed me the bungie around the tank valve (which I installed the reg over) to keep the tank from falling over while stowed.

It may not be *truly* embarrassing for some, but I was pretty darn red :D

Last year I learned to dive, a 54 year old female--no spring chicken.

1. The first time diving at Cape Hatteras, I managed to fall on the boat (WHILE IT WAS STILL TIED TO THE DOCK) and cracked 2 ribs. Despite the severe pain, I went ahead and dived, Fell off the boarding ladder 3 times trying to get back in the boat cause I only had one arm that could hold one due to the previous fall and the slamming of the ladder in rough waves.

By then I was seasick and jumped in without my fins, on the second dive (that is a 6' giant stride into waves and current). After that dive, I was walking across the sundeck of the boat (sick and in pain) and fell HEADFIRST into the crotch of a male stranger (stranger no longer).

I'm still notorious for that day.

I was on a day rig trip and I buddied up with a very good-looking tech diver. After a 100' dive in the Gulf I returned to the boat and climbed up the ladder. The DM asked me to take off my BC before climbing into the boat. I grabbed what I thought was the velcroed cumberbund and ripped it open, only to realize that in one very swift motion I had managed to fling my velcroed weight pouch down to the bottom of the ocean. The most embarrassing part of that scenario is that I had been trying to impress my extremely hot dive buddy who was still in the water and watched the whole scene unfold. Oh, and this was after he gave me the "OOA" sign at 80' and I failed to respond until about 30 seconds later. He was testing me and gave me a hard time about it later. But I obviously didn't impress him with my diving skills as much as I had hoped.

Where do I begin...

Lost my car key out of my X-shorts pocket and had to wait for AAA to come open my car door where I had the spare inside....luckily I was in a drysuit and it was above 50F outside. Yeah right....

Slipped on rocks backwards in full dive gear at dive site and dislocated and fractured my finger. Bad day. They don't call that site 'Hazard Avenue' for nothing, I learned. I was lucky to have some good dive buddies that day!

Forgot I was in a drysuit and not a wetsuit when I had to pee.....

I'm sure there are more....give me a sec:popcorn:

Bungee cords are the bane of divers everywhere!

I had my rig on the dock's bench, secured with the bungee so it wouldn't fall down. We were getting ready to go diving, I put on my rig sitting on the bench, went to stand up, and couldn't move. I sat there for a minute trying to figure out why I was stuck (gages trapped, tank hooked on the bench, etc.) while my dive buddies were standing there snickering. Finally, one asked "Do you want the bungee unhooked or did you plan to use the bench as your weights?"

--Shannon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom