What are you most embarrassed about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yesterday's dive for shark's teeth at Venice Florida was a comedy of errors.

Got to Venice and during set up, I had to GO (not urinate). Stopped what I was doing got rid of the other divers and drove the mile (a bit less) to the bathrooms.

Got all set up with BC on, but as I stepped onto the sand, I realised that I had my crocs still on. Returned to car for my booties.

BC off, booties on, BC on I get down to the water's edge and talk with Randy from C&N divers at the water's edge. I hear my second stage start to leak, and pop the purge valve. The second stage goes into a FULL FREEFLOW (not stopable) and then there is a LOUD pop behind my head. The first stage popped it's diaphragm. Randy turns my gas off quickly. I head back to the car for my backup set of regs.

BC off, reg off, reg on, quickly check pressure (3563), BC on, walk BACK to the water check pressure! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! I only have 2076 psi! Screw it, it will just be a "short dive".

Swim out a GOOD ways and drop. SAND! no teeth, just sand and sorta lousy vis. I find that I am "floaty". I have to work my way down and exhale to stay on the bottom. Nope, my weights are there. I struggle with this for a few minutes (still on sand) and decide to regroup at the surface (15 fsw). As I get to the surface, my flag's staff hits me in the head. Oh, I forgot to deploy my dive flag.

Swim out some more, pay out 30feet of line so I don't have to sink the dive bouy as well :D and drop into the thick of the teeth.

Result: 2:02 dive time. 17 fsw max depth and 364 shark's teeth (no megs).

forgetting my fins on a night dive. reached the site by boat looking for fins nowhere to be found. Ended up doing an almost 1 hr dive without fins max depth 55 ft.. .GREAT DIVE except for the number of times i brushed my toes against sea urchins and that massive brissle worm. rather hard to dive without fins

When I did my OW back in May, there is a bit of step up in the sand, from the shore dive. After having a great dive, i faltered on this sand and feel forward with my face into the sand - luckily my instructor and other DM helped me up.
On the second dive that afternoon, my instructor helped me out of the water...
The two dives the next day, it happened again, even though i was so determined to not fall over. I even said that to my instructor.

When i did my AOW back in august, it was shore dives again - the first dive, i just fell onto my arms into the sand, the second dive, i just about managed to save face (pun intended) and just managed to not fall over.

Lottie :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom