What are you most embarrassed about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't done any really embarassing thing so far except for a belly-flopper entry now and then but I think that I have embarrassed some of the young ladies on board by going around in my Speedo's while going to and from the dive sights.That is if you can imagine what a half bald, pot-bellied, hairy-***'ed 68-year-old looks like. I really enjoy catching them looking now and then.

The dive in Grand Cayman when I tossed my BC into the water to don there and forgot to add enough air ............. my first drysuit dive when I forgot to close the p-valve zipper that I special ordered -- did a 51 minute dive in a flooded drysuit ................ forgetting my boots on a boat dive ...................... forgetting my fins on a boat dive the next day ............. DMing a pool session, dive in the deep end to keep an eye on students while they worked on a skill, couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble seeing -- forgot to put my mask on

I beg to differ Walter.

So prove me wrong, post something that is truly embarrassing, no one has so far.

I'm most embarassed about my pre-DIR diving days (see avatar to the left).

Ok, more of the same
1) OW class exhaled a chunk of a tortilla into the pool.That was it, nothing else.
2) Dry suit dive fun- for got my mask 200 feet away after completing pre dive check, then proceeded to submerge with a snorkel in my mouth and loose a weight pouch at the same time.
KM

I never experienced seasickness until my first OW dives. Talk about embarrassment, blowing chunks into your reg in between dives!!!
I was able to overcome and truly enjoy the experience, but ashamed that I looked like a fool. Failed to mention there was a goddess aboard who witnessed the entire ordeal. :-(

Well, there was the time at a horse show when I told Peter the guy we were watching rode almost as well as he thought he did, and the person sitting next to me was his mother . . . Oh, you wanted diving-related.

The usual -- Getting in the water with drysuit unzipped. RUNNING the head-to-toe equipment check the other night, and despite that, swimming out a couple hundred feet and discovering I didn't have my weight belt on. Doing an ascent which was utterly perfect in terms of team positioning, timing and stops, but ended up a hundred yards from the boat because we lost the upline. Getting to do a dive with an instructor I really wanted to dive with, only to lose all buoyancy control during a no-mask ascent and cork. Lots of little stuff.

What was fun was having dinner the other night with the person who was my buddy during the worst dive of my career so far, the one where I humiliated myself to the point that I don't like to think about it, and discovering he couldn't remember the dive . . . Yes!

Falling for the Scubaboard April fools posting.

Greenhouse gasses after two burritos grandes......

Back
Top Bottom