What are the Keys temps like in mid November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon:
You know this much from PA? You must like to visit there, too. :eyebrow:

Wind is usually a problem when I come there. My favorite operator is Taverneir Dive Center, and Scotty can drop me on a wreck when most operators won't go out.

But 80 days and high 70s water sounds better than I'd though. Similar to what I had last March. Super - thanks!

You ever get a dive in at the Upper Keys Dive & Sport center out of the Tropic Vista Motel? They run a new boat,and a good operation! Tavernier is a GREAT LOCATION TOO! you just got to eat a fish sandwich at Craigs!!
And well water temps year round in FL feel like a bath tub next to the stuff we get in WI!!
Remember stay up wind from green divers on a rockin boat or ya may get some bilge blow on your gear! :42:

"IF the captian says.. I dunno it looks kinda rough out there.." taunt him about his little boat not being able to take a little chop... he'll go.

Arrrhh where's me parrot...

Yeah, Erci - I learned a lot on dives like that. On the trip out that hit 12 footers, we had an instrucotr, his 2 newbies who wanted more instruction before leaving (otherwise, we wouldn't have gone, I'll bet), and me. I think the teacher thought I was an experienced diver then, which I wasn't, from the things he suggested I try. The fish were jumping forwards and backwards in the surge, and it was sickening for the newbies.

Forget the name of the wreck at the north end of Key Largo in shallow water, but it had a hull breaking the current. He and I took turns swimming to the hull, then up, and really up, up and way - exhaling to be sure, less we burst lungs.

The wife was fine after one dive, but her hubby was too sick to get in the water. The skipper called for a vote on the second dive, and I was nice to the hubby. "Let's go in, before we turn the guy off of diving forever. I wanted to dive, but I didn't want him to have a bad experience before they went to Tahiti. :eyebrow:

Remember stay up wind from green divers on a rockin boat or ya may get some bilge blow on your gear!

It's hard not to laugh, isn't it. I just remind myself that it could be me someday... :wink:

Well I'm new to the site for sure and a pretty new diver as well. I am a rescue diver with 80 dives. I've had some rough water wreck dives off Myrtle Beach. Are there any shore dives, boat dives anyone could suggest as best up and down the Keys? My wife wants to go Thanksgiving week. Thanks Dandy Don.

Also, is there a right and wrong place to become certified Dive Master and Instructor. If so where are the right places?

Thanks for any info

Beachcomber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom