What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YES 95-100 MPH winds is CAT 2

at201118.gif

I think you're reading a little too much into that map. La Ceiba is showing cloudy with wind 6 mph from the SSW. Curacao has some clouds and winds 15 mph from the NNE. True, Roatan is in range of Rima and Boanire close to I-97, but no problems yet. Caution is the way to bet tho. My friends on Cay Caulker are packing.

at_sst.gif

Invest 97, which is supposed to strengthen and head towards Cozumel by the weekend or so. At least the last time I looked. I just love this time of year.

I use Windfinder.com to guage wind conditions here. But like your site, it doesn't account for the hurricane winds.

I use Windfinder.com to guage wind conditions here. But like your site, it doesn't account for the hurricane winds.
Yeah, so far only showing winds up into the high 50's, but it's the wave heights that seem pretty scary. They're showing up to 16 ft on Wed night.

I already spoke to Andy but here is the update from the island this morning:

The harbor master has closed the port - although conditions are fine - I am assuming it is to force people into early preparation mode.

Overcast and cool - gas lines outrageous. I hit the grocery store last night at midnight (Sorianna is open all night) for staples - stocked up for myself and crew - no crowd and no lines, but that was last night at midnight :)

I am going to hit Sam's in a few minutes for batteries and a few other things - I am preparing for a crowd and long lines! I expect the same at Mega and Chedraui today!

Will post an update this evening!

Has the HM closed the port yet? I'm looking out the window at Vista del Mar and there are no boats at the Aqua Safari pier.
I suspect that they are all getting in lines to be pulled out of the water.
95 to 110 pmh
Invest 97, which is supposed to strengthen and head towards Cozumel by the weekend or so. At least the last time I looked. I just love this time of year.
It could, but I think that one is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by WSOPFAN View Post

95 to 110 pmh

I was saying that at that time the current wind speeds as listed on that picture were:
Max winds 100mph
Wind gusts 95mph

Therefore as of 8am EDT winds were between 95-100mph which basically falls into the category of CAT 2 which is 96-110mph.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom