What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow this sucks! Praying for everyone on the Isla!!!!!!!!!!! There is a cold front coming through the middle of the US Wednesday that is going to cause Rina to make the right turn they are predicting......hopefully it doesn't stall it out!

Track Hurricane Rina / Stormpulse / Hurricanes, severe weather, tracking, mapping

That is a handy little web site where you can add or take away map overlays....spaghetti models are starting to come together though...... :(

Be safe Antonio!!!!

Thanks for the updates Antonio and Christi.

Be safe.

It's looking a little better this morning than it was last night. The right turn prediction is a little earlier and a little sharper. Hope the trend continues. Fingers crossed.

There is no freaking way I would be heading there. The weather will SUCK! and it might get dangerous. Why subject yourself to that?

EXACTLY........I think the OP got his questions answered by many......however some people would claim that posting weather updates is a way to slam Cozumel while pretending to be a fan. We don't need to explain ourselves to you or anyone else and your ridiculous comments were and still are laughable. If anyone had seen the Weather Channel, like I did Monday morning, they explained what this storm would probably do. They said it would move west for a few days until the pressure system to the north moved east. Once that happens the storm would turn north and that is so far what it looks like will happen.

I just checked the track and computer models on Rina a few minutes ago........ it isn't very encouraging. There's a real possiblity Cozumel could take a direct hit from this storm Thursday with it being a Cat 2/3 at that time.

Unfortunately that's what it looks like, a direct hit on Thursday afternoon/evening. Everyone here is going into full throttle today making preparations.

Sad that there are actually moronic idiots who would joke about something like this happening, I'm sure karma will take care of such twisted & demented morons...

EXACTLY........I think the OP got his questions answered by many......however some people would claim that posting weather updates is a way to slam Cozumel while pretending to be a fan. We don't need to explain ourselves to you or anyone else and your ridiculous comments were and still are laughable. If anyone had seen the Weather Channel, like I did Monday morning, they explained what this storm would probably do. They said it would move west for a few days until the pressure system to the north moved east. Once that happens the storm would turn north and that is so far what it looks like will happen.

Wow, you got a few weird posts in this thread. Are you attacking me or supporting my comment? :coffee:

Wow, you got a few weird posts in this thread. Are you attacking me or supporting my comment? :coffee:

I was agreeing with that post and making fun of Antonio..........sorry if you are confused..........

Has the HM closed the port yet? I'm looking out the window at Vista del Mar and there are no boats at the Aqua Safari pier.

Does the "2" on the overlays of those weather maps mean it's been upgraded to a level 2 hurricane from a 1 just a few hours ago?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom