What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi, we will be there, a couple days later, but we will be there.

Tapatalk by Droid

i do not see how this hurricane will hit by 2 pm thurs..
44 hrs from now 3 mph =132 mi...how far is it from coz???

It is 275 miles SE of Cozumel BUT when it turns N/NW it will probably pick up speed.

Intellicast - in United States

Found it.....at that link scroll down for this.....

AT 500 PM EDT...2100 UTC...THE EYE OF HURRICANE RINA WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 17.4 NORTH...LONGITUDE 84.3 WEST. RINA IS MOVING
TOWARD THE WEST NEAR 3 MPH...6 KM/H. A TURN TOWARD THE WEST-
NORTHWEST IS EXPECTED TONIGHT...FOLLOWED BY A GRADUAL TURN TOWARD
NORTH AND A SLIGHT INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED BY THURSDAY. ON THE
FORECAST TRACK...THE CENTER OF RINA WILL APPROACH THE COAST WITHIN
THE HURRICANE WARNING AREA ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY.

Christi, we will be there, a couple days later, but we will be there.

Tapatalk by Droid
:thumb: Give them time to clean up the island a bit and the water to clear up some.
That's just weird .... I can see them swimming around the pool!
They do that. Largest pool on the island. Some dolphin facilities turn them loose in storms and hope they come back, which they usually do - but they are expensive so I guess these folks don't want to risk it.

And I always thought they must have drained the pool and pumped in salt water whenever they put them in there, but I was told that they put them in the normal pool water and they can survive for a long time.

I posted on facebook today that I am really proud of this island. We are all in preparation mode, everyone is working together, but no one is panicking - it's what we do here :)

Except for that ONE lady in Mega today... freaking out, all over her poor husband. I think at one point she tried to run him over with her cart.

like they are getting the pool ready for the dolphins at Hotel Coz.
Webcams

Okay, pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean?

Okay, pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean?

They take the show dolphins out of their tragic cages and place them in a hotel pool for safety. They should just let them go.

And I always thought they must have drained the pool and pumped in salt water whenever they put them in there, but I was told that they put them in the normal pool water and they can survive for a long time.
I remember some posts about the last time they were moved there, but not details. The freshwater is not good for them but they endure it for a few days. Three Orcas recently got lost in an Alaskan river and died after too much time away from the ocean. I'm sure they will be given the best care possible, then the giant pool drained and cleaned.

I'm sure they will be given the best care possible, then the giant pool drained and cleaned.

It's an all inclusive resort with a full buffet, the Dolphin will love the place. Just keep them away from the 'open bar'.

Best hopes sent to all of my Cozumel friends on the island!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom