What About Missouri??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadawg

Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed that Missouri was not included in the Deep South Divers Club, Southern Missouri has a lot to offer for Diving. Thought it would be a asset to the club. Just my .02 worth.

Arkansas is in the Deep South Divers Club but its so far away from everyone I kinda feel alone in this group. I hear there is some Great diving in Missouri. maybe we can get together and do some diving this next coming year. maybe we can start a club thats Called (Touched by the Mississippi) what do think?
Mike

the Touched by the Mississippi name would have all the states that the Mississippi either goes thru or is touched by Thus the name. from the North to the South. I dont want to sucede from the deep south divers. I'm just running an Idea by the veiwer's of this board and see what everyone thinks about it.

Mike

I just moved from Southwest Missouri and there is tons of great diving. If anyone has any quesions about diving there, I would be more than happy to help.

Actually already part of a dive club.. Sho-me divers Run by Sho-me scuba / Aqua-fx

www.sho-mescuba.com
www.aqua-fx.com

The Owners name is Mike Tyler, But i am always looking for another place to be a member of. I like to go to Norfork and Table rock usually.

Im right across the river from Arkansas. I live im North Mississippi,cant ever find anybody to dive with because I have to travel so far to dive. I usually head up to Mermet Springs in Illinois or Birmingham.I would like to try Arkansas and Missouri someday.

Table Rock, Taneycomo, Swan Creek,Orenogo, etc. It's my native home so I'm a little biased. Certified many a new diver in her waters. Would consider it an honor to be part of the Deep South Discussion group.

Swan Creek??? Where is it at? , As for the others, I have always wanted to go to Oronongo but have never seem to get there.

Look on a map of the Forsythe area. You'll find it. It's a small creek with quite a few deep holes. Very clear and calm water. Perfect for macro photo work. Lots of fish, crawdads etc etc. Not a lot of public traffic. There were several photos in the NASDS Safe Scuba instruction manual taken there.

Scubaddawg:
I have always wanted to go to Oronongo

I would suggest going there with someone that has been there several times before, mainly since they know where everything is. And wearing a thick wetsuit, it tends to get cold rather quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom