Hello from Missouri!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. If you enjoy warm water ocean diving, there are quite a number of destinations in southeastern Florida and the Caribbean that would serve nicely.

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. If you enjoy warm water ocean diving, there are quite a number of destinations in southeastern Florida and the Caribbean that would serve nicely.

Richard.
Thank you for the recommendation! I’ve been eyeing Key Largo for a few days under the water.

I’ve been eyeing Key Largo for a few days under the water.
I was their way back in 2013. A lot has changed, but my old trip report might give you a feel for it.

Key Largo with Rainbow Reef Dive Center 2013 - http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...iving-key-largo-rainbow-reef-dive-center.html

Some other popular options to get in a lot of diving in the Caribbean include:

1.) Roatan - Turquoise Bay Resort (good budget option), CocoView Resort (I've been and liked it) and Anthony's Key Resort.

CocoView Trip Report May 2021 - Trip Report - CocoView Resort May 8-15, 2021

My Research Notes from planning a Roatan Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Roatan Trip

2.) Belize - Ambergris Caye.

3.) Little Cayman Beach Resort.

4.) Cozumel.

Tres Pelicanos & Casa Mexicana, Cozumel Sept. 2018 Report - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018

My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip - My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

I didn't include liveaboards; I think many people prefer to get more experience before committing to a week on a boat. That said, a lot of us love liveaboards. I didn't include Bonaire, a much loved shore diving destination, since I'm guessing you might prefer boat diving to start out, and I recommend doing Bonaire your first time with a group if you haven't traveled much. But just in case - My Research Notes for Bonaire - My Research Note For Bonaire

Welcome!! Missouri locals might try to talk you into going to Rolla. Just say NO! They also might try to talk you into going to Bull Shoals - that might not be too bad if you want to see pine trees underwater (been there, done that), cat fish and bass.

We're in the St Louis area but I have a son in the KC area. Love KC. But we do most of our diving in Cozumel. If you compare the prices of travel, lodging, food and diving, Cozumel is cheaper than the Keys (but we like the Keys too).

Congrats!

Welcome!! Missouri locals might try to talk you into going to Rolla. Just say NO! They also might try to talk you into going to Bull Shoals - that might not be too bad if you want to see pine trees underwater (been there, done that), cat fish and bass.

We're in the St Louis area but I have a son in the KC area. Love KC. But we do most of our diving in Cozumel. If you compare the prices of travel, lodging, food and diving, Cozumel is cheaper than the Keys (but we like the Keys too).

Congrats!
Mermot (sp) and Beaver Lake are on my summer list.

Congrats and welcome to the boards. Have fun, oh I second diving in Key Largo, beautiful reefs and some wrecks as well.
Oh and congrats on the Chiefs!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom