Whale Sharks, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me see if I have this right. You don't like seeing them tamed this way but you were "forced" to knee one in the face. :shakehead:

I was never a fan of shark feeding dives, never participated and actively refuse to. I didn't know they were now doing it to whale sharks too just to amuse paying guests.

Somewhere down the road, the changes in feeding habits will have consequences on migratory and reproductive behaviors - it's better to just let them be.

There are a few places like this, it is not just Oslob but also Cenderawasih Bay in Indonesia, the latter was features in the winner of the 2013 Our World Underwater video competition

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/divefilm-hd-video-hd/id214353624#

There is always controversy I was in the Philippines when this started and chose not to go however some other people think differently

Clearly there is not enough food that the fishermen can give to satisfy the whalesharks so either there is also some other nutrients around it or the whalesharks will die soon starving, they have been there over a year though

Yes its the original dive housing for Hero2. A few drops of water got inside the dive casing (lens part) when I was rinsing it. Although it appears to have dried out completely it now fogs every time I use it. I use the anti fogging strips but they dont help.

Annoyed. I going on a liveaboard soon but I dont have a properly working camera. Had looked around a couple of malls here but cant find gopro anywhere. Any locals out there that can help? Pls PM me. Im in Puerto Princesa.

Yes its the original dive housing for Hero2. A few drops of water got inside the dive casing (lens part) when I was rinsing it. Although it appears to have dried out completely it now fogs every time I use it. I use the anti fogging strips but they dont help.

Place 3 inserts around the camera (sides and bottom), seal the housing and let it sit there overnight. Replace them in the morning for new inserts and keep repeating this until they "soak" all the moisture. Turning the camera on or putting it in the sun a little might help, as that heats up things and lets more moisture out - to be absorbed by the inserts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom