Whale Sharks off Corpus: Great Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kunk35:
That Steve Irwin debate rages all over. He was a trained professional and knew exactly what he could and shouldn't do. (At least most of the time from what I've seen)

Not sure how much he was really 'trained' to begin with - more like he learned it all at his father's knee sort of thing, at first? But for sure once he became popular they had to have all sorts of advisors etc. for the show. Not that what goes on in a TV show, regardless of how well-intentioned or advised, should be a benchmark for how we should behave. Although I've come to conclude that most of my daughter's high school boyfriends think "Jackass" is an instruction manual for modern youth culture.... <wry grin>

Back to your regularly scheduled picture thread....

I went all the way to Utila to see whale sharks and only got the T shirt. Great pix. As to riding on whale sharks, they can dive a thousand feet in a heartbeat. If it was bothered or threatened, it would have been long gone.

DalTexDiver:
As to riding on whale sharks, they can dive a thousand feet in a heartbeat. If it was bothered or threatened, it would have been long gone.
That makes sense to me.

I have seen folks messing with turtles that were obviously unhappy with the attention and trying their best to exit. I didnt see anything in these picts that indicated that the animal felt harassed.

I hope we see a whale shark when I am out in the gulf on Oct 7. I will fill a memory card in a hurry. :)

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom