Whale Sharks off Corpus: Great Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow...If I see one on the upcoming rig trip, it's a sure thing that I will pee in my wetsuit. I know they can't hurt me, but they are SOOOO big!

I agree, great pics...but I cringe when I see someone holding onto him.

Very awesome! Looking forward to the day I get to swim with one of those beautiful creatures!!!

man, how awesome was THAT!!!! i am indeed JEALOUS!!!! great pics!!!!! i hope i have that experience one day!!

blindref757:
That was a very polite way of calling me a non-tree hugging, selfish pig. Kudos!

Actually, I was trying to see if you wanted to rephrase at all and take issue with any of those other activities mentioned to do so, rather than sticking solely with the "if I didn't kill it, its dandy" philosophy. Sorry if you missed the opportunity to try for a shade of gray there. I took specific care not to attach derogatory labels.

But since you did, I guess I can only say if the trotters fit, you're welcome to them. <shrug> And don't worry about having problems with plant intimacy...I've never hugged a tree, either. Bark itches!

Back on subject, those really are good pictures, and I do envy those who were there and had the opportunity, and thank them for sharing regardless of any 'other' qualifiers.

WWSD

What would Steve (Irwin) do when faced with the opportunity to swim with Whale Sharks? He had no problem handling most creatures--Was he wrong?

Let me hypothetically apologize for something I might do in the unforseeable future!

That Steve Irwin debate rages all over. He was a trained professional and knew exactly what he could and shouldn't do. (At least most of the time from what I've seen)

Cool pics though. I really don't know how I'd react if that happend to me, although, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to get that close to anything that big, and not because I'm afraid of ME hurting IT!:D

blindref757:
What would Steve (Irwin) do when faced with the opportunity to swim with Whale Sharks?

I saw an episode recently where Steve Irwin DID swim with whale sharks. Great footage, but I don't remember seeing him hanging on... Animal Planet is re-airing that episode entitled "Whale Sharks of the Wild West" on Sep 26, 2006 @02:00 PM(Eastern Time, I think)

I would LOVE to swim with those big guys! Great video! :)

Back
Top Bottom