Whale attacks fishing boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
If you go to another source which I dont have time to refind at the moment, the whale was in shallow water and the skiff went to help chase it out back into deep water. There are liines in the boat but no net i can see. After work I will post a link to the oother source that has the info about what was going on.
"Go whales" ? How frikkin twisted are you? You people will jump on any band wagon that comes along without question won't you?

Chill out, cowboy! :wink:

Hey Wildcard take it easy. The Japanese have a bad reputation when it comes to whales and I think some people were having a little fun. The fisherman in the video was probably an innocent victim and not trying to hurt the whale.

I think some of us tree/fish huggers get a little upset with the way some people mistreat animals/nature. Thus when animals/nature fight back some are quick to say hooray for nature without thinking the situation through. Of course there have been some cases of poetic justice where people who abuse animals/nature get it.

Those same idiots cheer everytime a person dies. I doubt it would be the same if it happened to them.

Wildcard:
Those same idiots cheer everytime a person dies. I doubt it would be the same if it happened to them.

For what it is worth, when the video hit here, there was no explaination, just "whale kills Japanese fisherman" and what looks like a boat way too close to the whale, perhaps even between it and a calf. Hopefully you read my post, but just in case you missed it:

There is more than a little poetic justice in it happening in Japan. Sorry for the guy in the little fishing boat (obviously not a whale hunter) paying the price.

Given the havoc we wreak each and every day on the other inhabitants of this planet, occasionally pointing out that they win one once in a while is not the same as cheering because someone dies.

I doubt it would be the same if it happened to them.

Of course not. They'd be dead. That makes it hard to cheer.:D

Bethjd:
Hey Wildcard take it easy. The Japanese have a bad reputation when it comes to whales and I think some people were having a little fun. The fisherman in the video was probably an innocent victim and not trying to hurt the whale.

I think some of us tree/fish huggers get a little upset with the way some people mistreat animals/nature. Thus when animals/nature fight back some are quick to say hooray for nature without thinking the situation through. Of course there have been some cases of poetic justice where people who abuse animals/nature get it.
And yet another reason why I find it hard to treat some 'animal activist' seriously. You don't respect human life, but so help me if I have a tuna sandwich...

What the big issue here..?? ***

Because one fisherman died from the one single whale attack , it just an accident , maybe the whale try to defensive they're own life !!! How about the Japanese fisherman killing thousand of thousand whale every year !! it's accident ??

Cheers

I'm not upset that a person was killed by a whale... I'm astonished that people are celebrating a his death.

fishb0y:
I'm not upset that a person was killed by a whale... I'm astonished that people are celebrating a his death.

very well said.

altough I would not use the word astonished since it's a common reaction for those eco-extremists. Disgusted would be more appropriate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom