Wetsuit patch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all - I have an old Body Glove 3/2 full wetsuit that is starting to get a small hole or "run" in the neoprene near one of the seams in the crotch. What can I do to patch it and prevent the hole from getting bigger?
Thanks, trig

I would use either neoprene glue to glue it back together or glue in a "patch" of neoprene if the hole was big. I would also consider using the iron on patch - material that "glues" on the surface of the neoprene/nylon material and holds it together. The iron on has a tendancy to make the material stiff so depending on hole location, might be felt.

Good question and one that I share. There was a material somebody mentioned here about a year ago. I think it provided some of the same stretch as the original nylon overlay so it did not become a new stress point. I think it also ironed on prior to edge stitching.

Pete

Just put a dab of Aquaseal in and over the hole from the inside. If the hole is too big for this, you'll need a small patch of neoprene to seal in place. Just put sealant around the hole and on the patch. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Apply a 2nd coat and after 5 minutes put the patch on the wetsuit and hold in place. I'd put it on the inside for aesthetic purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom