Wetsuit or Lycra Skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingPrincessE

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going on cruise in September, and will be diving in Fort Lauderdale, Cozumel and Belize. I thought that a wetsuit was included in the equipment rental fee...but just found out they don't rent wetsuits. I wasn't planning to buy a 3 mm wetsuit for a while for financial reasons (I've already spend about $1,000 on Scuba this month alone plus another $800 for the dive trip).

Will a Lycra skinsuit be enough exposure protection in Cozumel and Belize or do I need to just come up with the $$ to get a 3/2 wetsuit?

Considering the time of year you are going the water temps should be in the 80's. I know some people who are very comfortable in just a lycra in those temps. Keep in mind a lycra will not provide any thermal protection, only sun and some enviromental protection. I would honestly recomend getting a inexpensive 3mm suit, for the added thermal and enviromental protection. If you will be doing multiple dives per day you will begin to get chilled as the day goes on.

Back
Top Bottom