Cozumel Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Msr1015

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. Heading to cozumel this weekend. I dive in Minnesota so most of my stuff is cold water rated. 7mm boots, gloves, wetsuit. I do Have a 3 mm wetsuit that I will Be bringing but with boots and gloves should I buy 1mm boots and gloves? I’m not bringing my gloves but will my 7mm boots be too hot? Also looking at a 1mm pair of gloves just for protection.

I would just try the 7mm booties, perhaps with wetsuit legs tucked in rather than overlapped for more water movement. 5mm booties are pretty common.

I think the above is a good suggestion. I was there last week and I was a little cold by the end of my dives in a 3mm + diveskin and 5mm boots, it’s just that time of year.

I usually dive in Ohio (drysuit), and for my few warm water dives in Florida each year, I usually just use my old 7mm booties and my drysuit hood (5mm) with a 3mm wetsuit. I do however use cheap, thinner gloves (3mm) that are easier to get on and off and manipulate than the heavier ones. Cozumel is probably warmer water than Florida, but I doubt you'll be too warm. (In Florida water temps for me are usually around 75F and I'm typically a little cold at the end of the second dive even with the hood and gloves and 7mm boots.)

I also dive a lot in Minnesota, and also travel extensively to warmer locations.
We bring the same 7mm boots (& fins) that we use at home.

I think that gloves are prohibited in the park.
Yes gloves are prohibited in the marine park. You could bring a light jacket/ beanie to wear on the boat during surface interval during winter months. If you want alternative to the 7mm boots you could use water shoes that work great in the adjustable fins too.

Yes gloves are prohibited in the park. You could bring a light jacket/ beanie to wear on the boat during surface interval during winter months. If you want alternative to the 7mm boots you could use water shoes that work great in the adjustable fins too.
The park?

I would just try the 7mm booties, perhaps with wetsuit legs tucked in rather than overlapped for more water movement. 5mm booties are pretty common.
How bout for a hood? 7mm gonna be too much?

The park?

Back
Top Bottom