Cozumel Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The park?
Cozumel marine park. The federal protected area ( supposedly) where most of the diving, snorkel, tourist boats go. No gloves, no knives, no fishing. It is the area south of the international cruise ship terminal and goes to the bottom of the island. It also covers about a third of the eastern part of the island from the southern light house up.

Echos are deafening in here.

I was there the first week of December and I wore a 3 mm shorty, 5 mm booties, NO GLOVES, I did not wear a hoodie. I generally get cold but I was comfortable with both dives each day. I did put on a hat and long sleeve thick swim shirt between dives (and left wet suit in the sun). Also a good idea to have a waterproof jacket for the ride back to the dock, especially when the water gets choppy and waves spray over you.

Water temps registered 80 on my computer today. A bit chilly at the 73 minute mark though…two great dives at the Gardens and Dalila.

Sharkskin pants and rash shirt….is all I have worn this past few weeks.

Nothing new to add. I just wanted to wave at a fellow Minnesota diver. Hiya!

How bout for a hood? 7mm gonna be too much?
I've never used a hood in Cozumel most people don't. Sometimes I see people using beanies, but it's very warm water. There's nothing wrong with bringing your hood; it doesn't weight much or take up much room in luggage. For the boots, one issue is fit and buoyancy for your fins. I try to bring full foot fins to Coz that are right around neutral. This is obviously a personal choice, but for me using heavier boots in Coz means I can get a little foot-heavy, because I'm wearing a thinner wetsuit. As far as fit goes, I assume your current fins fit well with thick booties, and will that change if you switch to much thinner booties?

Back
Top Bottom