Wetsuit for Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too bad, Rob. Although, free diving is always good. I have not done any shore diving, probably because I'm lazy. Drop off the boat, climb back in the boat....

When you come down to DS, drop a line, so we can hook up.

Drop off the boat, crane picks me up would be awesome. Anyone see that boat yet?

The reasons I hate DS:

1. Your not diving in the ocean

2. Your practicing new grear

3. Your not diving in the ocean

I don't think telling someone their nose is in the air just because they would rather dive Jersey and proud of it kinda sucks. We totally get that some people would rather not trek to the shore...or that the budget won't allow $100 (please don't remind me what some Captains will want this year) for boat dives.

Like the ever famous bumper sticker says "A bad day diving still beats a good day at work". I guess that is no matter where you go. I personally try to never buy the DS pass so that I am not tempted to dive there any more than I really have to! Ususally that works out to be about a $200 mistake each season!

...I don't think telling someone their nose is in the air just because they would rather dive Jersey and proud of it kinda sucks...

Someone get this man a cold Stella on me !:shelli:

I don't think telling someone their nose is in the air just because they would rather dive Jersey and proud of it kinda sucks.

No but saying that diving anywhere else sucks deserves it. Frankly I'd rather dive in theocean also but can't always do that out of practicality.

Same with me. But it's a three hour drive, and given the new estimates for boats, $200 a clip for me! :11:

I dove DS yesterday, test drove some new equipment and configurations, and can dive all year there for less than a price of a boat trip!

Also, I am that sort of person that will dive a mud hole if it's deep enough. Don't matter to me where, as long as it's underwater....

You can make fun of me all you want, doesn't bother me at all! And my wallet is fatter to boot! :D

Spratman,
I'm diving Dutch Spring this coming Saturday (April 12th). Unfortunately, I am diving wet, as I have yet to buy a dry suit.

Did you see anyone diving wet this past weekend? I was wondering how they were able to handle the colder temps. I know I have hit temps down to 49F at the tanker truck, so i don't think I will have a problem with the temp. I do fairly well in the cold.

I really want to get a few dives in for a tune up for North Carolina in a couple of weeks. Guess I will have to suck it up, huh? lol

Hope to see you there one weekend.

... saying that diving anywhere else sucks...

Not 'anywhere else', just Dutch. I'll probably be cutting down my boat trips from eight or nine to five or six. Throw in a handful of inlet dives, and maybe a Gap dive and I'm O.K. Any money I save will go towards my Nautilus Explorer Socorro trip in Jan. 2010. Even a trip to Dutch, if somehow I lost my mind, would cost me about $80 or $90. Please don't say 'get a season pass, it's cheaper'. Just the thought of it...:shakehead:

Is there an emoticon of a happy face beating a dead horse ? We need it.

Not 'anywhere else', just Dutch. I'll probably be cutting down my boat trips from eight or nine to five or six. Throw in a handful of inlet dives, and maybe a Gap dive and I'm O.K. Any money I save will go towards my Nautilus Explorer Socorro trip in Jan. 2010. Even a trip to Dutch, if somehow I lost my mind, would cost me about $80 or $90. Please don't say 'get a season pass, it's cheaper'. Just the thought of it...:shakehead:

Sorry Bob, its all what you make it. If you go anywhere thinking its going to suck, then it will. But if you go with an open mind and try to have a good time, then you will. Positive Thinking makes for positive times.:deadhorse:

Look for me lounging in hammock relaxing or practicing skills this year. I am hoping to sneak back down to FL again this summer for a few days here and there if time and money persists.

You just should have put up the cool emoticon and left it at that. I've been to Dutch plenty, and no amount of positive thinking could make that monochromatic, static junkyard fun. But to each, his own. I'm blowing this hotdog stand for WV. Are you coming, Bob ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom