Wet suit worries (girl problem)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have big boobs(36 DD) and I am 5'4. I am worried about fitting them into a wet suit. I don't own one or have been diving yet. Its something I plan on doing because I want to be a marine or aquatic biologist. I also wanted to swim with sharks on my 19th birthday coming up in July. My mother, who has been trying to make me get a reduction since I was 17, thinks I am going to look like a ****.

Any other girls have big boobs?
Do they still look big in a wet suit? Or as my mother would say "freakish/****ty".

I hope no one takes the following the wrong way, but..
It would be helpful if I could show her a picture of a girl with a similar chest in a wet suit so she would leave me alone about it.

Yeah, and if you can send a few pics my way too, I'd appreciate it...:eyebrow:

J/K, but on the other hand...

A new poster shows up and ask for women to send them pics of their big breast in wet suits, and no ones even a little suspicious. Really?

Being a card carrying busty girl, I will tell you that they (the real ones anyway, not sure of the man made kind) do manage to fit into wet suits of all types. They are forgiving apendages. I would make sure you buy one that is cut for a woman. My first 7mm was a guys suit, and while the girls fit in fine, the neck leaked water like a hose = cold diving. Just betwen you and me 36DD is not freakish. I'm larger than that....

You make a good point....

When it comes to a wetsuit "dead space" is your enemy since it translates in to heat stealing water volume. That being said you want to expect things to get flattened out some. They're not going anywhere but they will be dispersed much like when you are sleeping on your chest so don't necessarily expect to see the entire body measurement in the suit. A custom suit will be sized to a happy medium and if Carolyn of Liquid Fit is watching the board she can elaborate.

Anyone know a good site to order a wet suit from? Possibly one thats good with returns in case it doesn't fit.

Go to a local dive shop and get fitted for a suit that fits you well. This board is littered with posts from people with entirely average bodies that have had trouble getting a suit that fits well over the web. Someplace where you can try different suits on is the way to go.

A new poster shows up and ask for women to send them pics of their big breast in wet suits, and no ones even a little suspicious. Really?

LOL, I read the post and really could have been the first to reply, but since you mentioned it.........

Aquaria89, surely you can do better than this feeble attempt to get girls to send you some pictures :11:

However, if this is a sincere post then I for one wish you great success with your choice of career. You will not become overly wealthy as a Marine Biologist unless you find gainful employment working for the "dark side"; there are lots of big polluters out there that need environmental spin doctors. If I had it to do over I would look seriously into some type of environmental law - that way you have an excuse to dive and a source of funds to support your habit.:)

Last edited:
FWIW- I don't think most men are critical of well endowed women in wetsuits, I think it's usually just the opposite.

I was too chicken to say it first, but now that someone else had the guts to spit it out, I can only say, ABSOLUTLEY!!!

:D

Being a card carrying busty girl, ...... Just betwen you and me 36DD is not freakish. I'm larger than that....

OK, Cheddarchick, time to face up and exchange your avatar for a photo!!
:wink:

:popcorn:

I'm a 38 D at present, but had 9 lbs taken off in a breast redux 4 years ago...Believe me when I say it's worthwhile!! It was the most painful things I've ever gone through and I still have some scar tissue issues, but not as many as I would have had If I were still carrying around that load.

If you want to continue diving go for the custom! You will be so much happier in the long run.

If you just want to do one dive for your birthday, squeeze those puppies into whatever rental fits!!!

Hope you have a good time on your birthday!

If ya ever need to go clothing shopping for a female, you might want to think about flowers, instead.
:rofl3: yeah, I hear that! lol. (I've never made it a habit of hanging around the lingerie dept, and I never plan to ha).

As for the post being spam (it could be), but it's a bit easier to get what you need on google images no? I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

According to this chart of standard sizes it seems Bare do a 36 size for a 5'4 person. Perhaps I shouldn't admit I'm no expert by far on chest sizes, but I think that's what those figures meant:wink:

Why do you need a suit again? It seems your main focus right now is the shark tank dive? 70 degrees you say? ok, it won't be hot, but you'd be fine for quite a while in there as a one off for your birthday. You could wear a couple of tight t-shirts (or at worst an oversize wetsuit) just for the day to keep the cold off for a while. So I don't think there really need to be a rush to get one, take your time and get it done right.

There are systems that do two-piece suits (not ideal), but if you wear an underskin aswell, it's an option, and you could have a larger top section and a smaller leg section. but...

I will reitterate what's said above though - GO to a place and check them out IN PERSON, and better still get one CUSTOM MADE! It will be well worth it, and remember it will last a long time too. (I've had my suit for 12 years), and once it's done you don't have to worry about it anymore.

(and yeah, forget surgery unless your getting resulting physical problems).

They have wet suits that you wear there. I think you have to wear one. I thought it would be better if got my own to make sure there wont be any issues. I also plan on getting lessons soon.

Back
Top Bottom