Wet suit worries (girl problem)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are we realted? I too am same size same height..he he I use the Henderson thermoprene or hyperstretch ac cording to water temp.
I also have a front zip 1 mil full skin for some places to dive...the Henderson is very forgiving and does not bind!
One word to the wise, No underwire tops or any cutie buckles and all that. just asking for pain at depths. I use a haulter top with a wide bottom band...can't use a one piece...My waist is too short (very short torso). If you are perportioned like me...you know waht I mean..he he

A new poster shows up and ask for women to send them pics of their big breast in wet suits, and no ones even a little suspicious. Really?

i have to say that was my 1st thought, if it is legit, with all the times I've seen my female friends get clothes from the web they usually have to return 2/3rds of them.. so I agreee with going to an LDS

As a ICU nurse, I would recomend you NOT get a breast reduction as this age as there are always possible complications, including death. Secondly, if you get pregnant the reducation may go out the window.

Now in the realm of diving, several had said to worry about the BC. That is really a bigger issue than the wet suit. Once you get certified, you really need to have a womens BC. I am not a girl, but my wife is well endowed and once she got a womens BC, she was much more trim and it was much easier to dive. Just my humble opinion...

I know it sounds strange when a mother wants her child to have cosmetic surgery, but she means well. Yes it does give me body issues, but she is just worried for me. As an example when we went to see Borat a little girl asked why my boobs were so big. In the theater before the movie started a random guy sat next to me. She has heard guys say less then romantic things about me. Also girls tops are made so small now It is really hard to find ones that fit. Minimizers don't work, sports bras don't work. I unfortantly have a lot of glandualer tissue not fat in my boobs. I would hate going through surgery even thought it would solve issues. Every day things like walking down the steps do hurt a bit. I don't suffer from bad pain or anything just some aches. She does have more of a problem with them I do. I just shrug it off, she can't let it go. She is worried I am going to get raped. I didn't mean to set the impression that she was a bad parent or something. I accually didn't know how worried she is until this night after a huge argument on the topic.

Thats one of my moms biggest complains. It draws in guys.
Your body your decision. Tell mom if it attracts the guys you get more to pick from and she should trust you to pick wisely. My niece had the reduction surgery and so far is happy but was having back problems.

Someone said neoprene is flattering... yeah unless it makes you look like the Michilin man or Pillsbury Doe boy!

The rental suits are often quite streached and things do compress quite well. When you decide you are going to keep up diving would be the time to think of a wetsuit. I do suggest a back inflate BCD tho. With your attributes an jacket inflate could be quite uncomfortable on the surface when inflated.

I know it sounds strange when a mother wants her child to have cosmetic surgery, but she means well. Yes it does give me body issues, but she is just worried for me. As an example when we went to see Borat a little girl asked why my boobs were so big. In the theater before the movie started a random guy sat next to me. She has heard guys say less then romantic things about me. Also girls tops are made so small now It is really hard to find ones that fit. Minimizers don't work, sports bras don't work. I unfortantly have a lot of glandualer tissue not fat in my boobs. I would hate going through surgery even thought it would solve issues. Every day things like walking down the steps do hurt a bit. I don't suffer from bad pain or anything just some aches. She does have more of a problem with them I do. I just shrug it off, she can't let it go. She is worried I am going to get raped. I didn't mean to set the impression that she was a bad parent or something. I accually didn't know how worried she is until this night after a huge argument on the topic.

:shakehead:I lost my first Job because of my 38's. I worked at a race track selling tickets at the entry. The boss had to come tell me there wasn't enough room for me, my boobs and the customers at the entry!:sorry19z:

I know it can be a problem and I know where your mom is coming from but you have to do what you are comfortable with.

She is worried I am going to get raped. I didn't mean to set the impression that she was a bad parent or something. I accually didn't know how worried she is until this night after a huge argument on the topic.

Your mom might want to spend some time studying rape, if that i her concern. Rape is not, as a rule, motived by sexual desire - it is a generally crime of power and anger (in which the rapist gets a sexual thrill from controlling someone). Although serial rapists can follow a pattern in choosing victims, I haven't run across any who chose victims by bust size. I have, on the other hand, counseled around 400 survivors from the age of 2 through mid 80s, none of whom were targeted because of their sexual attractiveness. Doing a little studying might ease her concerns about your bustline and rape (although it would likely make her more concerned, in general).

That's not to say you are not going to attract male attention, but it will more likely be of the annoying, pushy, "I want to date you" kind of attention rather than posing any real threat. For example, it was interesting to note that the profiles I checked of the folks advising you not to get a reduction on this thread indicate they are male.

I would say (not that you asked) if your breasts are causing you significant pain you might want to consider it. Everyone I know who has had it has been thrilled and wishes they had done it earlier for health reasons - not cosmetic ones. (But if it is the breast tissue itself that is painful, I wouldn't expect that pain to go away with surgery - unfortunately, that isn't generally related to size). On the other hand, I am not a fan of surgery for cosmetic purposes, particularly for teens - if that is the motivation I would encourage you to wait until you have more life experience to undergo surgery (which is associated with risks) to merely change your appearance.

I also thought the rape comment was kind of silly. If every woman with large breasts got raped it would be a much more violent world.

need a dive buddy? :D

seriously, a custom made wetsuit won't cost you much or anything more than a quality off the shelf suit, will fit you better, will keep you warmer, and will probably last you longer. get one made from Rubatex, its better than the neoprene the off the shelf suits are made from as it compresses less (keeps its insulating properties) and retains its insulating properties over time better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom