http://www.diveheart.org/

Well Wishes for Kimber (TekDiveGirl)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is awesome! Way to go Kimber! Thanks for the updates.

H- the IslandCowgirl

PS. My car thinkspink! My dive box thinkspink! My letters thinkpink! My shirt even thinkspink!

Way to go Kimber!! SO glad to hear the progress continues. Don't try to push to much too fast, ok? Keep it up!

Laurel :D

Time is a funny thing - the same period of time can feel like an eternity and a split second. The day I read the post about Kimber being able to stay another week, I had been wondering how much time had indeed passed. On the one hand it seemed like forever - espcially when waiting to find out what happened. On the other hand it seemed like just yesterday.

No need to tell you to keep up the great progress. Just know that you are in the thoughts of this stranger who is amazed by your strength - internally and externally.

Missdirected:
We really weren't sure if here was the best place to post the following. Perhaps a kudos thread would have been more fitting. However, we wanted to be sure each of you who has cared so much, sees it. To date this diving community has raised… are you ready? Maybe I shold wait until tomorrow? :wink: Just teasing :D Okay drum roll...

:drummer:

Ten Thousand Dollars

:monkeydan :wave-smil :monkeydan :wave-smil :monkeydan

This will cover the previous months household bills and an additional four months! Everything, absolutely everything, added up in a big way. We know Kimber was stunned, amazed, appreciative, shocked, and just really touched at what has been done for her. You guys are an amazing group. You have really come through in a big, big, way. Thank you so very much. You guys are awesome!!!!!

We plan on keeping all of you updated as much as we possibly can. I know many have asked what the insurance and DAN is going to cover. I am still a bit sketchy on that so I don’t want to say too much on that just yet. We do know the insurance will run out on the much needed rehabilitation therapy. As we know she is working on developing new neuron pathways. Esentially remapping her nervous system. We believe her insurance only covers twelve weeks. Not nearly enough. When we know more we will let you guys know.

I just wanted to add a special thank you to Howard, Puffer Fish, and D_B, you guys are the best!

I am very sad to report the number I recieved of 10k was incorrect. The funds are at or about 7k. This is still very good but far from the ten we had been told.

can someone post the paypal addy again? i can double down with another month's worth of lattes (which really i just worked out is a frikking rediculous amount that i spend on caffeine each month... jesus...)

Kimberly Thurman Recovery Assistance Fund
c/o Pat Hawkins
1675 San Elijo Ave
Cardiff, CA 92007
United States

If you have a Washington Mutual branch near you, the
Account # is: 3121460715

You can also send contributions via PAY-PAL to:

patahawkins@aol.com

cheers!

Here you go Lamont...

To make a contribution either in name or anonymously