Welcome to "Meet the locals"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
locals.jpg

Yes you read it right. Over 25% of our critters on endemic. This forum will be a reference forum where you can share your observations, info and photos of the critters hosted in the monthly show cases. It would be great if you could make it the goal of a dive to look for the critter we are profiling, note where it hangs out, behaviours, pictures etc. If you saw them while here on vacation...share you pictures and impressions. When the month is over I will compact the information into one thead. Of course authors and photographers will be acknowleged. So jump in and meet some locals -observe, take pictures and above all have fun!!

Please continue asking your ID questions in the Name that Critter forum.

thank you for noticing me. I've been in and out of town a lot the last month.

I haven't been sure how accepted I've bein in the O'Hana, it seems you all know each other very well. Thank you for asking.

www.scubamazing.com:
Hey this is a cool idea for a forum. Great job!

I agree. It would also be cool to have similar threads for Caribbean, Baja Peninsula and Mediterranean. I've only dived (except for certification) in the Caribbean/tropical Atlantic, but plan to dive in many locations around the globe. Always up for learning more about the marine life, regardless of location.

Yeah, the ohana is a small group and the frequent posters have all pretty much dove together or been out for lunch or dinner...we know the faces and the names to the posts. Join us for our get together - get to know us and get some diving in :wink:

Thanks Jcsgt :D This forum is a little test of mine, glad to hear you like it

Since we are still experiencing Gallery difficulties I wanted to suggest that you upload your pictures to photobucket.com for now. It is a free service and seems to work great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom