Web site for NC Wreck Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D

dwright

Hi all,
I'm tinkering with a web site design. Please let me know what you think. I have web enabled the NOAA obstructions database and right now that's the wrecks link. Once I get the search part of it done I'll move it to it's own menu item and make the wrecks link just the more popular wrecks or something. Anyhoo...lemme know what you think.

link

looks great Dale,

one additional thing I would like to see on the website is the closest city/port to the wrecks in NC .

Thanks.

Added a couple of new things to the site...a second more NC related database...look under other stuff on the main page...and a knowledge review / quiz that will become more robust as I get more questions and such...the link for that is also under other stuff...I am working on charts for the area. I have a line on an application that will let me save them as large printable images...

link

Dont know what a pain it would be,,,,, but.... I would like to see a section on here that lists some groups that take you out and what wrecks they go to,.\

Example....Aquatic Safaris has a web site and there they list all the sites they visit....depth....costs.....scheduled trips....and the like. If there were information like that....even if only a link.... it would give divers more oppor;tunities to choose from....

Just a thought...Rich

Hi all,
The web site is coming along...I am still working on getting the charts that are a good printable size. I have tinkered with the menu some and got some dynamic news and such. Please check it out and let me know if the menu is ligning up okay...it's a DHTML deal and I had some trouble getting it right.

link

Got a shout box working on the site now...kinda like a blogger but open to everyone...so post some ideas there if you will.

link

dwright:
Added a couple of new things to the site...a second more NC related database...look under other stuff on the main page...and a knowledge review / quiz that will become more robust as I get more questions and such...the link for that is also under other stuff...I am working on charts for the area. I have a line on an application that will let me save them as large printable images...

link

....so dale, how come your site - particularly the wreck database - is a complete rip-off of my website? www.nc-wreckdiving.com; no "courtesy of" or attribution, etc.
....all the text, graphics, photos are clearly marked for source or copyright, yet your wreck database - dive notes, etc, copies my site word-for-word. You give the impression that you actually dive these wrecks - as opposed to those of us who have been diving these since 1979. Maybe you only webdive?
...how about taking it down NOW and doing something original?

bfdc

medic13:
we got more head , Wilmington, Hatteras on there

Man, I want to go on one of the trips with you, talk about perks!

Back
Top Bottom