Web site for NC Wreck Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bfdc:
....so dale, how come your site - particularly the wreck database - is a complete rip-off of my website? www.nc-wreckdiving.com; no "courtesy of" or attribution, etc.
....all the text, graphics, photos are clearly marked for source or copyright, yet your wreck database - dive notes, etc, copies my site word-for-word. You give the impression that you actually dive these wrecks - as opposed to those of us who have been diving these since 1979. Maybe you only webdive?
...how about taking it down NOW and doing something original?

bfdc

As I stated to you in an email and on my site, I used some of the wreck info from your site, including text and images, to test an ASP database engine I'm working on. If I wanted to steal it, I would have taken it all but only wanted a few different ones so I could test searching and other features missing in your site. I also wanted a consistent layout also missing from your site. There is a formal apology posted on the main page of my site...oh and I love the web diving comment.

dwright:
Hi all,
I'm tinkering with a web site design. Please let me know what you think. I have web enabled the NOAA obstructions database and right now that's the wrecks link. Once I get the search part of it done I'll move it to it's own menu item and make the wrecks link just the more popular wrecks or something. Anyhoo...lemme know what you think.

link

Hey Dale,

I've just started diving wrecks off NC/SC and so far it's been pretty interesting. I've been to the USS Sherman and to "The Barge", also known as Barracuda Alley. My next dive is to the Governor. Have you been to the Governor and if so, what can I expect as far as vis and stuff to see? Once I have enough information to post on your web site I will be glad to do so. It's great that divers can share info with each other and get a first hand idea on what to expect.

Good luck and I'll be keeping up with your site.

Tracy

bfdc:
....so dale, how come your site - particularly the wreck database - is a complete rip-off of my website? www.nc-wreckdiving.com; no "courtesy of" or attribution, etc.
....all the text, graphics, photos are clearly marked for source or copyright, yet your wreck database - dive notes, etc, copies my site word-for-word. You give the impression that you actually dive these wrecks - as opposed to those of us who have been diving these since 1979. Maybe you only webdive?
...how about taking it down NOW and doing something original?

bfdc
Old Thread, but some things never change.. I have a great addition for your website Dale. Oh wait, that's right, you took it down after ripping us off, sorry.

Matt

Corigan:
Old Thread, but some things never change.. I have a great addition for your website Dale. Oh wait, that's right, you took it down after ripping us off, sorry.

Matt
Matt, have you talked to the police yet?

cornfed:
Matt, have you talked to the police yet?
No, I haven't. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. Since the club is basically in transition to a new forum I was going to wait till the new forum is up for a group conversation to decide which course of action we all would like to take. I would like to do this as a group, and right at the moment various people are scattered all over the place on dive trips and not intown. Wait till they get back and see what's been going on. Once everyone is back intown and available for comment then I believe we will have a definitive course of action.

Yeah I know Cornfed, I'm stirring the pot early today.. :) I just thought this thread was interesting because we discussed this on wreckmaniac recently. The gentleman making the claim in the above quotation is accurate (from what I can tell). We all went and looked at his site, and it was obvious Dale had taken more than just a few pictures from the guys webpage. He took WHOLE pages and just put them on wreckmaniac like they were his own pages. Here is a link depicting all the images and text he had taken from bfdc's site and put on his own. He has images showing all the offences.

http://www.nc-wreckdiving.com/boguspages.html

Matt

Corigan:
I still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet. Since the club is basically in transition to a new forum I was going to wait till the new forum
If I can make a recommendation I would suggest establishing two positions in your club, treasurer and ... auditor!

Corigan:
Yeah I know Cornfed, I'm stirring the pot early today.. :)
I don't mean to give you a hard time because I've been known to stir the pot myself at times. Heck some might say I'm doing it right now. :wink:

cornfed:
I don't mean to give you a hard time because I've been known to stir the pot myself at times. Heck some might say I'm doing it right now. :wink:
It's all good, you aren't giving me, or anyone else a hardtime. I appreciate your input, the auditor and treasurer comment is a good idea.

I edited my previous post and added a link in to show the offending material stated by bfdc.

Matt

drew, we're less formal than that. unless, of course, i'm elected empress - then we'll have officers. but at any rate, i think we'll all go through shops ourselves to set up trips, and only have a club bird dog setting things up and finding answers to questions, instead of a money holder.

That is what I would prefer paying the shop or boat myself not putting anyone in the postion of being respoinsible for group money.

BabyDuck:
drew, we're less formal than that. unless, of course, i'm elected empress - then we'll have officers. but at any rate, i think we'll all go through shops ourselves to set up trips, and only have a club bird dog setting things up and finding answers to questions, instead of a money holder.
A group of us set up some trips earlier in the year. We found that some boats either wanted all the checks at the same time or just one check. That kinda force one person into acting as an ad hoc treasurer for that trip. Now when I say "a group of us" I really mean "a group of friends". I'm not saying y'all aren't friends but I have friends who I don't worry about giving money too and "friends" who I'd rather split the check with, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, some boats will let you pay individually and some won't. Just something to be aware of.

Back
Top Bottom