Web site for NC Wreck Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cornfed:
Anyways, some boats will let you pay individually and some won't. Just something to be aware of.
In our instance the boat only wanted to deal directly with one individual who had taken the group leader position, and only wanted one check from the group. Just like Cornfed stated.

Matt

well, i'll do it next time. i'm looking at a nitrox-compatible computer and maybe new regs...

ooh, and a custom wetsuit!

Corigan:
In our instance the boat only wanted to deal directly with one individual who had taken the group leader position, and only wanted one check from the group. Just like Cornfed stated.
We're way off topic now, but oh well...

I've thought a bit about this problem. If we let other people on our trips we run the risk of them stiffing us. They also run the risk (in their mind anyway) of us stiffing them. The best thing I can think of is to use PayPal. This provides security for both people. The down side is PayPal does charge some fees. They're small but if I was setting up a trip for 10 people it could quickly add up. The obvious solution would be to charge anyone using PayPal that extra fee which I think is around 3%, eg if the trip is $100 then you would send them and paypal invoice for $103. Is this the best way? Is it better than sticking with shops? *shrug* Beats me.

BabyDuck:
ooh, and a custom wetsuit!
Sounds like your buddy Dale walked away with enough for a custom drysuit.

well I know I have acess with allot of the dive boats , maybe because of many yrs with most them but all I do is set up a dive and then from threre is pretty easy , with most friends I just use paypal . its funny this is supose to be about the web sirte which i had at one time then dale took over .
I still have my yahoo group site for nc wreckdivers. I have to renew my hosting this month if any one has any experence with web site building give me shout will start working on it middle of the week ,

cornfed:
Sounds like your buddy Dale walked away with enough for a custom drysuit.

Lets just say he took a trip down to Florida (some "top secret" dive) in May or early June that we know of, and I'm sure he has taken others. While I was in Morehead this week everytime I drove past Diver Down I'd make sure to look for his truck. He only dives with Bobby Cox, and it is probably the only person that will deal with him now.

Mel

Well, with the competition for group business among dive operators, I would guess that most of them could be persuaded to work with individual divers. In my experience, the threat of losing a lucrative charter is usually sufficient incentive to work out the payment details. If not, there's always another operator down the road willing to take the business.

As for Dale, I wasn't affected, but his actions against a group that I care about were absolutely reprehensible. I only hope that we cross paths on a boat some time. What a loser...

suthnbelle:
Lets just say he took a trip down to Florida (some "top secret" dive) in May or early June that we know of, and I'm sure he has taken others. While I was in Morehead this week everytime I drove past Diver Down I'd make sure to look for his truck. He only dives with Bobby Cox, and it is probably the only person that will deal with him now.

Mel

As rumor has it his "top secret" trip was to explore some wrecks with big ticket treasure, maybe he became a Pirate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom