We will not share user information...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Please, under NO circumstances is ScubaBoard staff allowed to share any user information. This includes

• IPs.
  • E-Mails addresses.
  • Any other info that can be gleaned the Mod Squad or the Adminstrative Control Panel.
  • Chat logs or the like.

Another Forum is having issues with people who also have user accounts here on ScubaBoard and is requesting this information. That's not our problem and while we certainly don't encourage or condone this kind of activity we will not abuse our user's trust. In fact, user trust is far more important to us than just about anything else. I will only release information to LEO or to a lawyer with the proper subpoenas. We have made a promise to our users and we intend to keep it.

Users beware!
Other forums have freely shared this kind of information and we find it reprehensible that they would betray your trust so easily. Be careful about what you are sharing and who you share it with. Not everyone out there is so protective of your information as we are.

Hey, Pete. You don't have to name the forums that are sharing my info, but could you tell us which forums to delete our user accounts on?

I got confused recently about the use of the word forum, but the discussion about about another forum site, not a forum on this site. :silly:

Anyway, if you see a DANDYDON posting on some other site, it could be anyone...?

I got confused recently about the use of the word forum, but the discussion about about another forum site, not a forum on this site. :silly:

Anyway, if you see a DANDYDON posting on some other site, it could be anyone...?

Huh??

Of course it could be.

Our usernames on ScubaBoard are not reserved, trademarked, or otherwise outside of SB. I guess some people think that their name on SB is their personal property, and theirs to use throughout the internet, unabated and that they and only they shall use that name? :wink:

From now on I want to be called Lorreta. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom