Waterproof storage for tiny trunk space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calicant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We need to get another vehicle more practical for diving but until we do I have to come up with a way to stuff two sets of wet dive gear into the trunk with as little damage as possible. I was thinking to get a couple of cheap waterproof duffel bags and see if they squeeze into the awkward little space available. Would that be a good option?

We need to get another vehicle more practical for diving but until we do I have to come up with a way to stuff two sets of wet dive gear into the trunk with as little damage as possible. I was thinking to get a couple of cheap waterproof duffel bags and see if they squeeze into the awkward little space available. Would that be a good option?

Sounds pretty good to me or get some of the shorter Rubbermaid style tubs from a department store (I use these for my drysuit and one for stuff I want to keep dry). I would put plastic tarp below whatever you choose with a towel you change just incase anything leaks.

I like the waterproof duffels, and just added two more to my gear. They can be dry bags on the way out, and gear hampers on the way back. These were certainly the right price (they're 2nds, but I haven't seen any flaws)
Amazon.com: Outdoor Products Storm Duffle 2 Pack (1 Large & 1 Small) - 2ND: Sports & Outdoors
They're not drybags, but the fabric is waterproof. I haven't used them enough to say how they'll hold up.

For quick and cheap, the white trash compactor bags from Costco are much heavier weight than other garbage bags, and if you double 'em up, should be pretty reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom