wasted money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am another victim of the wrist mounded slate. It seemed like such a great purchase at the time until I actually tried it. Would'nt stay in place, kinda hard to communicate with your buddy when it's attached to your wrist and you write small and the contrast of the penciel and the slate is kinda hard to read in low viz.

-Dive rite pockets that hang on a bp/w harness
-Tail weight pocket, won't fit where it's supposed to!
-Wrist slate, discovered wet notes instead
-anything OMS
-UK dive lights, they all flood
-3-foot long closed SMBs, the 6 or 8 footers are better
-any dry suit pockets besides Halcyon, they all fall apart
-snorkel, haven't used it since I got certified
-tank boots
-multi-tools-in-one dive tools, JUST BUY REAL TOOLS
-dry suit gaiters, they're pointless
-dive computers

Dive computers in general or specific models?

Deep Sea diving gloves...ripped the first time I used them, Thankfully the dive shop I bought them at replaced them with a different pair, but they said it happens all the time with those gloves.

Deep Sea diving gloves...ripped the first time I used them, Thankfully the dive shop I bought them at replaced them with a different pair, but they said it happens all the time with those gloves.

I would have asked the LDS why they even sold them if they knew the gloves were junk.

I bought a pair of gloves in Florida a couple of months ago. One of the seams started coming apart on the first dive. I took the gloves (with receipt) back to the LDS a couple of days later. I was amazed when they didn't want to exchange them. It took me all of 5 seconds to change their mind.

I would have asked the LDS why they even sold them if they knew the gloves were junk.

I bought a pair of gloves in Florida a couple of months ago. One of the seams started coming apart on the first dive. I took the gloves (with receipt) back to the LDS a couple of days later. I was amazed when they didn't want to exchange them. It took me all of 5 seconds to change their mind.

yeah, there certainly some stunningly cheaply made gloves out there.....it took me a while to find some decent AKONA ones, but the dive shops aren't embarrassed to keep selling the cheesy ones!

Tank banger for my wife.
I can't hear the damned thing for the life of me......but then again....it is my wife.....LOL

A tank boot protects the bottom of the tank and makes it less likely to tip over, and it looks more cool..

In fact it does not:) It actually traps the water and the bottom rusts faster. Especially painted tanks and aluminums. My friend got an old AL tank and took the boot off. The whole bottom was full of aluminum rust

In fact it does not:) It actually traps the water and the bottom rusts faster. Especially painted tanks and aluminums. My friend got an old AL tank and took the boot off. The whole bottom was full of aluminum rust

I wonder if that's true if you rinse your tank after diving as other gear? Without the tank boot the bottom will have the coating abraded by concrete and asphalt.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom