was there an accident at CSSP ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was out at CSSP today, heard something about an instructor being non response after doing CESA drills with students, any details on the accident and condition of the diver?

I was there, but not involved.

The details I got were sketchy, but as I understand it, the instuctor had some sort of asthma attack at the surface, inhaled water and went unresponsive. CPR was successfully performed in part by her husband and a conscious alert individual was sent to the hospital.

I learned that we no longer have O2 in our locker. I felt really bad about that one.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I was there, but not involved.

The details I got were sketchy, but as I understand it, the instuctor had some sort of asthma attack at the surface, inhaled water and went unresponsive. CPR was successfully performed in part by her husband and a conscious alert individual was sent to the hospital.

I learned that we no longer have O2 in our locker. I felt really bad about that one.

TwoBit

wow, hope it was on teh surface and not under, asthma attack + CESA simulatin would be a really bad mix.

concious and alert is possitive news for sure after something like that

Oh my god anyoone know what shop? or the instructor? I really hope they are ok.

It wasn’t an asthma attack; more of respiratory distress along with fluid on the lungs. She did not swallow lake water; however, they were conducting CESA skills at the time. While I understand that she was alert when the ambulance left the park, things got much worse at the hospital. She was moved to Dallas via Care flight yesterday afternoon but her condition is not good at all. She is currently in ICU and not conscious.

I am only passing on general condition at this point, so I would prefer to not share her name / shop / etc.

Bandit82:
It wasn’t an asthma attack; more of respiratory distress along with fluid on the lungs. She did not swallow lake water; however, they were conducting CESA skills at the time. While I understand that she was alert when the ambulance left the park, things got much worse at the hospital. She was moved to Dallas via Care flight yesterday afternoon but her condition is not good at all. She is currently in ICU and not conscious.

I am only passing on general condition at this point, so I would prefer to not share her name / shop / etc.

We in the local diving community sure are praying for her recovery. Thank you for the update.

Update - They are operating now. Her lungs are filled with fluid and the doctors do not know why. Obviously, this is not a good sign.

Man, I really hate to hear about stuff like this happening, so I hope all ends well.

Current status - she survived sugery to clear her lungs. Stauts us still the same however.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom