warning to massachussetts divers in rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick,

While like some of the others I would enjoy the more personal approch to the problem, how about this for an idea. Have someone set up a dive flag, better yet 2 or 3(really give them something to vent on) and have a couple of other "non-divers" on the beach with video cams, the more telephoto the better. Armed with a COPY (don't give up the originals to anyone)of these jerks from a couple of different angles delivered to the local police, wildlife, coast guard (ALL 3)and maybe the local media would get some help.

Hehe I was just going to post that.
But it proves what I was saying a bad lobster year not a bad divers raiding lobster trap year! I said that to police
they said they knew. It kind of stinks I'm going down there
wanting for them to screw with us! Nobody cares I've called
the Rockport police 3 times, coast gaurd 2 times and Mass div. of fisheries twice. Not one return phone call.
But we have all started to carry our spearguns!!!
The line is drawn. No more mister nice guys. Too bad I just want to dive and enjoy it!
Rick L

I lost anouther flag ripped right out of my hand in 18 feet of water. It was a small boat with red and white lobster bouys!
The thing is there wasn't a lobster bouy around in a 75 yard ring!! But the rockport police would not call me back?
This was 4 weeks ago I am not going to pull a flag anymore.
When the police ask me why i dont have a flag I am going to
demand a fine!! And fight it out in court this stinks but its the only way i see a end to this!!!!!!!!!!
cya Rick L.

Geez...talk about diving in a hostile environment. That sucks! I wonder why the cops won't crack down on crap like that?

Rick, I don't know how is it in your area, but in most States vessels must have an ID number painted on their hulls. If you can copy this down & include it in your report to the authorities, it will probably help your case.

Afterall, how can they investigate if they don't have any clues as to who is doing it?

Just a thought,

~SubMariner~

When commercial fishermen have people pulling their buoys, it's not uncommon for them to plant some razor blades and/or fishooks in the things.
I'll bet a dive flag with some nice hooks hidden in it on a HEAVY anchor would be something fun to have a video tape of.
:mean:

Try contacting the bay state council of divers
they are a good org. that gets results there is no need for this to happen. please keep us posted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom