Warning about Jeff Risch in Cozumel - he IS NOT a Divemaster OR an Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Dondonaldo,

Given just a quick glance, who does that woman in your 2.JPG‎(31.6 KB, 10 views) remind you of? ; )

Regards,

DocV
I dunno? :idk: I am pretty sure that I have never been out with her. It's supposedly Michelle, his wife - at least 3 years ago.

Are you saying that it looks like me???? I ask because you have my name in the subject line with a question mark! DEFINITELY NOT me - haha and she looks nothing like me!
Subject line? :confused: Actually she might get away with using your ID to use your credit cards so watch you stuff. Some folks like me have poor facial recognition skills. :eyebrow: Her nose is totally different tho. Edit: I just got a strange message that I had insulted someone here? What is hurtful about having a different nose? They're both nice.

Attachments

• 2ed.jpg
    2ed.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
I want people here to be warned as many here frequent Wet Wendy's (don't know why Chad and Klara continue to let him hang out) and may run across him - he is a very smooth talker and is targeting tourists in general.
Have you asked them? Otherwise, he's using WW's as his "office" and by letting him be a "regular" there, he has a lot more credibility than if tourists just ran into him on the street or in a seedier joint. Aside from that, whatever authority in Cozumel that enforces the regulations that govern dive operations on the island should be notified as they could perhaps work with the police and run him out of town or stick him in la carcel. Even Mexico should have some sort of laws against conning people, especially when it could be physically harmful such as taking people on discover dives, and especially when it's done by a foreigner who apparently might not be a gainfully employed legal resident of the country.

Posting here is helpful for the few tourists that actively read Scubaboard and would notice the thread, but it's not going to make him stop what he's doing.

Posting here is helpful for the few tourists that actively read Scubaboard and would notice the thread, but it's not going to make him stop what he's doing.

Yes - Kim has done everything that can be done and has reported him to all authorities and he is being watched. I never thought that osting here would stop him - but it's just one more thing we can do to warn people.

Are you saying that it looks like me???? I ask because you have my name in the subject line with a question mark! DEFINITELY NOT me - haha and she looks nothing like me!
Christi,for what it's worth, from what I see she's a definite zing while, you're a for sure ,:wink:
SCHWING!!

Yes - Kim has done everything that can be done and has reported him to all authorities and he is being watched. I never thought that osting here would stop him - but it's just one more thing we can do to warn people.
OK, thanks. If I were there, I would punch him in the nose, help you string him upside-down hanging from a streetlight, and invite some local kids to practice their pinata skills, but unfortunately I'm over here and can only type violently :) As a drunk tourist, I've had enough cons take advantage of me (when I've had a few, I admit I'm a really easy mark), so I have a particular animosity toward this sort of thing. Tourists deserve to be able to practically shut their minds off on vacation (within reason) - it sucks to have to be on guard all the time, bad enough already having to ward off legitimate time share dealers and jewelry vendors without adding conmen to the mix.

You can have a lot of fun with amateur conmen like him if you know how, which is playing to his greed. You listen to his offers and accept one and then make him jump through hoops and turn the con around on him. Make appointments with him in difficult places, like "Sounds good, I'm sure you want cash right? I have to get it out of my bank on the main land, I'm going back and can have it for you in about 2 weeks... oh you know what, I'm going to be coming back with my aunt and taking her on a tour of the ruins on the main land, if you want you could meet me in a couple of days at maybe Coba, at the top of the big pyramid, I will just bring the cash along and I can give it to you there...."

Of course you don't show up, and you have a good excuse and then you make another appointment.. and another... see how much of his time you can waste.

Meet me on the East side at the light house up north...., yes I think your moped will make it up there quite easily, they just paved the road, but you won't hit the pavement until about a mile back in..... :D

I am pretty sure I saw him at WW in January trying to peddle a fishing trip or diving trip to a couple of folks. Seemed a bit dubious to me.

What on earth do cabinet construction photos have to do with scuba diving? Take it somewhere else, please.

Hey...I think it's a very worthy post detailing the character of this creep. Karma does have a way of catching you by surprise!

Hey...I think it's a very worthy post detailing the character of this creep. Karma does have a way of catching you by surprise!

I agree! Since we'll be in Coz in a few weeks, having this information is invaluable. Having a pic of him is great, too. I appreciate the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom