Warning about Jeff Risch in Cozumel - he IS NOT a Divemaster OR an Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm.... A seedy guy hanging out in the bars..... weird.....
That should be a good stopping point, huh officer?

Someone want to message him on FB and invite him to give his side of the story?

Christi, is it just me , or are you getting younger? Fountain of Youth in Cozumel?

Thanks Darol!!! I WISH!!! I guess I'm just taking good care of myself - and I have been staying out of the sun - haha!

Someone want to message him on FB and invite him to give his side of the story?

Yeh, because his word is as good as gold - jajaja! Sorry Don, but if even 1/10th of what I am hearing from others coming forward is true - he is a full fledged con man! He can try to lie his way out, but there is so much evidence and proof - that there really is no question about his character and who he is!

Yeh, because his word is as good as gold - jajaja! Sorry Don, but if even 1/10th of what I am hearing from others coming forward is true - he is a full fledged con man! He can try to lie his way out, but there is so much evidence and proof - that there really is no question about his character and who he is!
Off with his head...!!

Be careful what you start in a bar.

Oh, yea that happens....

Seriously though, someone nailed it. Cons play on your gullibility and desire for a free or reduced price lunch, so to speak. To combat it, absent legal intervention, play on their greed. Like people that get the check to buy something with the extra money to be wired to the someone else. I always encourage people to see how many checks they can get. Often they come in fedex envelopes. The first one was damaged, then I lost it, then the bank can't read the signature. Etc, etc. Its fun to see how long it takes for the con to realize they are being conned!

I have to wonder if they guy is just the middle man, like running his game on people to get a big margin before handing them off to someone else? Actually taking people out on a boat seems too much like work?

I might just have to find this guy when we go down there later this month....just for entertainment value...:cool2:

:laughing: If he googles his own name, which everyone should now and then, this thread is #5 on the list.

A note on this:

If I type "Jeff Risch" into Google he comes up on the the first page in the Cozumel-my-Cozumel forum thread. It seems that is the correct spelling of his name.

If I type if "Jeff Reisch" (as in the title of this thread) then this SB thread comes up on the first page.

Now maybe they will be connected? (Or maybe this thread title could be changed?)

A note on this:

If I type "Jeff Risch" into Google he comes up on the the first page in the Cozumel-my-Cozumel forum thread. It seems that is the correct spelling of his name.

If I type if "Jeff Reisch" (as in the title of this thread) then this SB thread comes up on the first page.

Now maybe they will be connected? (Or maybe this thread title could be changed?)
:laughing: Results do vary with spelling, huh. Yeah I guess his name is spelled Risch. Antonio's link doesn't work now but I had copied the name from the article that way, and that's how it is on this FB page - whose last post was for Wet Wendys, so same guy. I guess he won't stumble on this thread.
Doug - aka "Dogfish";6103752:

Chrsti needs to edit the title of the thread to the correct spelling. :)

Only a mod can edit the title! I typed as it was in Kim's original post - sorry for the misspelling!

Back
Top Bottom