Warning about Jeff Risch in Cozumel - he IS NOT a Divemaster OR an Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
and does not have legal working papers. This is a story posted on Cozumel My Cozumel. I am re-posting it here for my friend Kim that had the unfortunate encounter with him.I have also provided the link so you can read the comments as well if you are interested.

Kim's post:

I met Jeff in July at Wet Wendys. He claimed he built high dollar kitchens in the states. He talked the talk and promised a fabulous kitchen. I gave him a sizable down payment to start (my fault right off the bat) and was very excited. Then more talk about how hard he was working, bla bla bla. In a nut shell, after having 7 weeks to complete, I started nagging and he said he quit. He would do no more and I had my monies worth. I got no kitchen and he received a sizable amount of money.

He also weasled sizable sums for medical bills from an injured arm from some very nice people who live here on the island.

There was another situation in which he claimed he was a property manager for 5 locations and also had started a dive business. Someone invested and became another innocent victim scammed out of money, for when they arrived, nothing was true. All lies and he took their money.

Now he sits and waits at Wet Wendys for bait. Tourists he can rope in and snag for anything from snorkeling adventures, discover scuba, diving, digging up turtle nests, trips around the island and anything else he thinks he can pull off for money.

Please be extremely leary of him. I do not want anyone else falling to his prey and loosing hard earned money. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but I am really sickened by the arrogance of this man. Now I can leave him for Karma and whatever the world has in store for him next. I have voiced my frustration and hope this helps others.

Jeff Risch-Perpetial liar and scammer - Cozumel My Cozumel Discussion Forums

yea, and apparently he can't build a decent cabinet..... The pics are scary....
post some

Dude sounds like a total DB. Any pics of him that somebody could post in case he changes his name?

Por Esto:

COZUMEL, October 7 .- Jeffrey Gaylor Risch, 51-year-old native of Michigan and who was made available to the Federal Ministry of the Attorney General's Office (PGR) in Cozumel, not to prove the legality of a motorcycle with foreign plates, which was driving, was released on bail.

According to sources within the Attorney General's Office (PGR), with representation in Cozumel, the person who was caught driving a motorcycle with license plates from abroad and who could not prove legal documents of stay of the vehicle, was bail release form, because of the necessary elements to continue to detain the absence of any wrongdoing.

As you may recall, minutes after it unveiled the assault with a deadly weapon (the last Wednesday night) in a first jewelry box the city, all police authorities (federal, state and municipal) combined to give the whereabouts of those responsible. Thus, members of the Preventive Federal Police on the island, carried out their work of inspection and verification of suspects.

During the tour they did, they realized that on Avenida Pedro Joaquin Coldwell and Avenida Juarez Colonia Lopez Mateos a person of foreign origin on a motorcycle black, Honda, model 2006, serial number 1HFSC46FX6A507367, 17A5551 license plates, the State of California.

At the interview the subject on board, he said Risch called Jeffrey Gaylor, 51 years old and originally from Michigan, so he requested the documents of the motorcycle, and unable to make such a claim had to be made available to the Ministry Federal Public transport like where you went.

However, hours later got his bail by failing to take the necessary elements to consign to the relevant authorities, in addition to that presented the requested documents.

It should be mentioned that so far this year, the number of vehicles detected in similar circumstances have been immobilized and made available to the MPFF, although federal authorities have indicated that it is rare to detect such situations.

Back
Top Bottom