Wanted: testers for Suunto download application

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can use some more data from these Uwatec models:

If you prefer not to run the test application (which works perfectly fine), you can also send the smarttrak logbook. Since smarttrak stores the profile data internally in the same binary format as a memory dump, I can extract it from the logbook file. But a binary memory dump is easier to work with for me. Memory dumps from other manufacturers/models are also welcome of course. As usual, all data and can be send to my email address: jefdriesen_at_hotmail.com

For those who are interested in the source code of our project, have a look at our new website:

libdivecomputer, a library for communication with various dive computers.

All contributions, comments, ideas, etc are welcome!

I've been trying to get the time, inclination, and opportunity together all at the same time to help with this. I have a Galileo Sol.

It just hasn't happened yet... when I have my dive computer, I tend to be away from my home computer, and when I have dive computer and I'm at home with it, I either forget, or my wife is doing homework on the computer in question.

I can, however, send you my SmartTrak file if that will help (I keep a copy on my laptop, which travels with me to work every day, so it's readily available to me all day). It has logs from both my old SmartTec and my new Galileo Sol (16 dives on it so far). SmartTec logs came in via AquaDiveLog, but I believe it passes the raw dumps as they are indistinguishable from directly imported logs. The Galileo logs were all pulled in directly.

Let me know if you still want it and I'll shoot it over to you.

Still looking for dumps from people using Pelagic-based computers (Oceanic, Aeris, Sherwood and Genesis). Email the dumps to Jef (TNT) or PM me.

So far, I have many of the Pelagic computers working. Elite T3/VT3, Epic/Atom 2.0, VEO 150/180Nx/200/250/XR2, DataMask/CompuMask.

My library is sharing information with Jef. His library is portable C and my library is .NET/Mono (eventually). There is a general forum for information/contribution here: Dive Computer Library Portal • Portal

SmartTrak files are fine too.

Hey, did I ever send this file to you? If not, and you'd like a current one (which has quite a few more dives in it now), I can send it. Shoot me your email address and I'll get it out to you. I have a current copy with me at work, which means I don't have to wait until I get home and forget. :lotsalove:

At this point would you prefer SmartTrak files or an actual Galileo dump?

Is there any established timeline for full support for Uwatec computers (like the Galileo Sol? Anytime in the foreseeable future, or is it all still fluid, as problems are solved and time allows? Is there any particular software where these libraries you are building are being used, currently?

(SmartTrak file sent, just in case it's still helpful... let me know if you're still interested in an actual Galileo Sol dump)

If I have the choice, I prefer both a dumps and the corresponding smarttrak file, because that allows me to verify my own parsing against the data in smarttrak. So you may send the dump too.

The Uwatec Smart/Galileo is already fully supported in the library. I'm not aware of any bugs or problems. The only known problem is the missing irda support on Mac OS X.

There are currently three applications (that I know of) are using the libdivecomputer library:

Figures... the one thing I'd like the most is to have it work on MacDive so I can move off SmartTrak someday. I do using DivingLog as a secondary, however, so good news there. :)

I'll see about doing the dump once I get my dive comp out of the car. The PortMon software referenced on your site is what I use, right? And it has no problem working with USB IR dongles? Also, the instructions said to trigger a download... since my computer has everything on it already downloaded, it doesn't usually do a full dump just by clicking download, it merely sends the most recent/new dives (and in my case, there aren't any). How do I work around that? Make a new, empty log file in SmartTrak so it downloads every dive on the device?

Edit: Reading back I see there is a separate test app which I assume I should use, "smart.exe". Right?

Edit: Dump file and log file produced by smart.exe emailed to you.

Last edited:
I'm writing an application for downloading data from suunto dive computers. Unfortunately, I don't own all the different types, so I'm looking for people who want to run a test application and send me the results.

The test applications are available on my website:

http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/vyper.exe (for Cobra, Vyper, Stinger, Mosquito, Vytec en Gekko)
http://users.telenet.be/sacn/suunto/d9.exe (for D6 and D9)

Testing is very simple. Put the dive computer into transfer mode and connect it to the PC. Now run the test application and wait until it is finished. It will only show you an empty "dosbox". This is normal, because all output is written to a logfile and a number of memory dumps. Send those files to me and that's it!

Note: If the interface is not connected to the first serial port (COM1), you need to select the correct port with a command line parameter. The easiest way to do this choosing "run" from the windows start menu and browse for the test application. Now you'll see the full path to the application (possibly with quotes around it). Add a space to the end and the name of the port. Something like this:

"C:\some directory here\vyper.exe" COM3

And press "OK" of course :)

Can you explain what the purpose of this is, when Dive Manager is free and downloads your data anyway.

Adam

Can you explain what the purpose of this is, when Dive Manager is free and downloads your data anyway.

Not to speak for TnT, but one size does not fit all. Some people want one program to download multiple computer types, some people run other platforms than Windows (Mac and Linux), some people just don't like Dive Manager, etc. Documenting the data structure allows other people who believe they can write a different/better program to access the data without needing to recreate the wheel, in terms of figuring out the nuts of bolts of how the computers' download mechanisms work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom