Suunto API for those that want can out program suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Sea Shadow,

Thanks!

I've completed the API, It'll be used in a couple of new releases of Dive Log software. It's about time to break Suunto's strangle hold on the log software for their computers.
For one thing the API lets Geeko owners download the profiles from that computer - without makeing any changes!

I've also written a lot more of that "test" program. It's not quite ready but in a day or two, I'll it done. What I'vew done is set up a program that lets you set most of the options that you have to do with the buttons now. The things I can't yet set are the PPO2 and the O2% ( the Nitrox options) and the Time functions. I haven't found them in the memory and they don't seem to be stored in readable memory.

This lets you use your PC to see the settings all at once and set your computer.

Hey CIBDIving,

I have the serial cable and a Geeko, if you want I'll try to give it a go and see what happens...

CIBDiving:
A person asked for an API for Suunto computers so they could make their own divelog software. well I've almost got one working. You could help out by testing this program on various interface cables and computers! I use a "custom idea" usb cable to a vyper, any others work with this and if not what errors are returned? The software is Currently only designed to work with viper/cobra/vytec. I know there is info specific to the vytec that I can't get to - the gas blends for one thing. Until I get a vytec computer to download from It'll stay that way.

Kewl. I have a Vytec... and I am a programmer too. I will try this out.
If you need some assistence, drop me a PM!

Melle

Back
Top Bottom