Suunto API for those that want can out program suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've messed with the data stream using some demo 3rd party com port readers, but quickly figured out what a PITA it would be to figure it all out. No time, no patience.... I'm getting another computer and have a Sensus Ultra on order. I'll use the Sensus to gather the data I'll use in an interface I'll devlop some day. It's open source.

Well, I tested the program on my Suunto Mosquito with Roli's interface and here are the results
the computer air model didn't work, my dive comp was set to EAN and it(the program) showed guage
It retrived all the info except "computer", "computer model" and "get dive data"
It couldn't set "computer model", "mode" and "light time", in these cases it had a device timed out message at the bottom of the screen.

I don't really understand what byte $24 and $25 are, so I only used "get" and not set
$24 = 4
$25 = 17

I try this program.
Vytec+home made interface (rs-232)
Works fine but when i try "Get dive data" program show only 10% but no data saved ...
Other works OK. It's correct when my max depth is 43.4m but program read 142 ?
$24 = 11
$25 = 22

Andrews:
I try this program.
Vytec+home made interface (rs-232)
Works fine but when i try "Get dive data" program show only 10% but no data saved ...
Other works OK. It's correct when my max depth is 43.4m but program read 142 ?
$24 = 11
$25 = 22

142 feet is 43.4 meters.

Thanks All for the reports.

First -the latest upload has a bug in it, I found it shortly after upload last nite but I've been busy all day and haven't had a chance to fix it.

I've been tring to put an adjustable delay in. That may or may not be ready tonite - Both my cables have gone buggy with bent,sticky pins for the connection.

FYI , byte 24 is the code for the computer type as of now a value of 10 =vyper, 11 =vytec 12 = cobra, 3 and 4 are the Stinger and Mosquito respectivly.

Nobody ( except suunto of course ) knows just what byte 25 does! It varies with the model just like #24 but changing it seems to have no effect on the DM software noe the DC. Likewise somewhere in memory is the 3 gasses the vytec can use but it's not clear yet where. A dump of vytec memory after a few changes in gas setting will show it though. I also expect to see new 'Bookmarks' in the profile for gas switches on the vytec.

Thanks again all!

I've got my doubts that even Suunto knows what byte 25 does.

CIBDiving:
I'm slowly getting a handle on it but it's complicated by having only 2 interfaces, one of which is VERY finiky ( keep those contacts Clean guys and gals!), and one computer.

Excellent work so far CIB! I was getting a bit frustrated with my home made jobby, always taking a few goes to get it to work, so I got fed up and bought the real one. Only to find that it is just as fussy!! Actually, it seems easier to get a good connection with your util now than it is with SDM. I guess that's also partly because it takes so bloody long for SDM to timout on a failed connect.

The biggest prob with the genuine Stinger interface is that without "customising" the plastic housing, you can't actually see the contacts touch the watch. And if they are only slightly misaligned, the contact pin can short the data point to the watch case - which means that ACW is shown on the watch, but the comms fails.

CIB,

Something that could probably help you (and others) a whole lot is the "profile.vpr" file that the older SDM (2.1.5) software stored on the user's hard drive. It is a memory dump of the computer to a binary file. The file starts with the max depth of the computer ($3328 for my computer, 102.3125) and it seems to have all the "static" info listed on the markus-fritze webpage. I haven't looked through it for the dive log data though.

I can send you my .vpr file if it will help you out.

rainman_02:
CIB,

Something that could probably help you (and others) a whole lot is the "profile.vpr" file that the older SDM (2.1.5) software stored on the user's hard drive. It is a memory dump of the computer to a binary file. The file starts with the max depth of the computer ($3328 for my computer, 102.3125) and it seems to have all the "static" info listed on the markus-fritze webpage. I haven't looked through it for the dive log data though.

I can send you my .vpr file if it will help you out.

Thanks, Please. The .VPR Logs do help a lot, but only if the 'settings' data is included as well. I'm looking for a corallation between gas mixes and a number in ~ 100 numbers.
Could you include data on what settings you have for if this is a vytec.

YGPM.

I have a Vytec. It has only been dove in Nitrox mode. I did a few dives with two gasses loaded but I don't know if they're still in the .vpr file.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom